Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did it all start?

Hello everyone!

Ive been a member here for quite a while but I havent been on here for a year or two because my long distance lover and I decided to end it. However, we are still like best friends with no feelings attached and its great! I am in a new relationship now and we happen to meet online! And I got into another LDR lol. However, we are now closing the distance on Janurary second and moving to a new city for both of us! I'm very excited!! I never thought I would have two serious relationships with people I met online and I think it is great!

So I was just wondering, how did your long distance relationship start? Do you guys prefer meeting online or offline? (Both times i just stumbled upon them)

I have never met a date online, however I fell in love online - I met SO on holiday and we had a limited time together before I left. We used to Skype a lot in the beginning and I sent him things online. Now we are mostly on phone apps like Viber and Facebook messenger. I fell for him offline, but I got to know him online. I did the 100 questions for lovers and all that
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

i was ~doomed~ from the start. i met my first boyfriend online, my most recent ex online and my current bf online. The only difference was my current BF was friends IRL of a coworker and friend of mine, so at least i knew he was legit!

Comment

We met online. I was getting ready to shut down my online dating profile after going on 30+ dates with local people. I was totally fried. The only reason why I responded to him at all was because he was from a uniquely-named town in the USA, and I had gotten rude messages from someone in the same town months earlier. I thought he was the same person, and so I was all like "Oh you're back for more huh?? LET'S DO THIS I CAN BE RUDE TOO" because I figured, I'm on my way out, I'm going to throw all my Canadian politeness out the window for once. And he was like "wh...what? No...?" and I was all "oh ok sorry, carry on" and somehow that allowed me to be not nervous or over-think why I was talking to someone so far away.

And we became friends (you know, like "FRIENDS" wink, wink) and a couple months later he said he wanted to fly up and meet me. I laughed and said oh suuure, c'mon up, kind of calling his bluff (because after dating online after a year, if I had a dollar for every far-away dude who said they wanted to fly to see me, I'd have ...like, at least five dollars). But he DID fly up! And I was excited instead of horrified. That's the touch of destiny right there.

Comment

We met online (just a normal social networking site) but I was only 14 at the time (he was 16), so obviously I wasn't looking for anything at that time. It was just a normal thing where I had admired him on the website. No big deal because I had admired many other guys before and nothing happened. He admired me back and messaged me. Then it said he was from Australia and I was like "Woah! I didn't know that! Do you have an accent? Do you ride kangaroos? Have you seen a koala?!" (lol very stereotypical back then) So we kind of bonded over me always wanting to go there. I fell head over heels for him (not being experienced at that, I wasn't too sure if I just thought of him as a really good friend or not) But we got to know each other and became really good best friends. Many months later, he finally had to guts to ask me out, and we've been dating since then, over 4 years ago.

Comment

My SO and I met online and our love story is filled with wonderful zombies and shouting at grizzly bears. We got paired together to play Resident evil and after we were done playing she sent me a message saying we made an awesome team and we totally needed to play again together some time. and so we did play together again and again and we very quickly became close friends. She just seemed to get me like all my weirdness and love for things she just got understood it completely, and honestly I was kind of in love from her about a week into our friendship because of that lol. So we stayed friends and talked everyday for as long as we could and of course played a lot of resi together when we both had time. That was until the 12th October 2015 when she finally asked me to be her girlfriend after we had a serious talk about the fact we both had feelings for each other and had had for the last few months. and I of course just sort of squealed and flailed in response when she asked, and she took that as a yes. :3
            my girls <3

Josie (SO)
            Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
            Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
            Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
            Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
            Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
            Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
            Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
            All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

My SO stalked me on a mutual friend's facebook cause he was "intrigued by the pretty one" and my profile was set to private. I wasn't looking for anything other than someone i could talk to (i cried and wished every night for a friend, i was going through hell at the time and was very lonely) and there he was. months later we met in person, started officially dating that same night. closed the distance around 7 months later. Serendipity at its finest.

Comment

Aww I love reading everyones beginning stories! Its always interesting how things play out. I never thought I would be with my current boyfriend today but I am so glad that I am!! Thank you for sharing everyone!!!

Comment

Met my SO through a mutual love of rock/metal music, being a virtual DJ in a virtual world, and neko style :P He was there at one of my regular gigs and randomly added me that night, though we didn't speak until the next day, when he messaged me and asked me how I was. When I later asked him why he'd done it, because random strangers didn't usually tend to talk to me and it made me suspicious/cynical (I've been hurt a lot by people in the same virtual world), he told me that he thought I looked/sounded like a cool person from my profile and my pictures. Things kinda hit off from there, and we've been inseparable ever since.

Comment

My SO and I were introduced via mutual friend, but the first month we were talking online as she was studying in London and I was studying in Italy. It was mainly friendly talk, but it must have gone well (my memory is so bad), as when I returned home we went on a few of dates before becoming boyfriend and girlfriend. Although we spent over 10 months together before going LDR, I knew from the start she would be returning home after her studies finished (which was nearly a month and a half ago now).

Comment

We met on a social media site. He had quite a few women chasing him and a good amount of them were local to where he lived. We talked but I told him I wouldn't be one of the groupies and we could keep everything at just a friendship level. Well that peaked his interest and the others were quickly shoved aside. We got to know each other from there. We dated for about 6 months, split up for about 18 months and now have been back together over 2 years.
                      To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

As for how we got to know each other, he pursued me pretty hard in front of all my friends. Me being married did not seem to phaze him at all, nor the fact that I said no. I really admired his stamina when I turned him down, he did not show anger nor was upset like other boys often are, which impressed me somehow. I was attracted to him, but I was not looking to date and certainly not long distance. I told myself that it was pointless to start dating. But he seemed so sweet and geuinely interested in me, he made me feel very special.... and I guess I sort of understood we had that melancolic, solitary side in common. I was so broke I actually had to lend money to have a glass of wine with him... When he touched my hair it felt so wonderful, I felt like he can take care of me. Plus he did the "oh so you are a teacher, I bet I can be your favourite student"-thing, haha.... he is actually a crap student that barely passes his exams. But I noticed his sense of humour and it is just one of the interesting ways in which we differ. I would not want to change anything (exept perhaps his mood in winter). We started dating the next day. When I met him again nine weeks later I remember I thought he was so short! But he has got a very... presence. And I actually like short boys, my husband is also shorter than me and God bless them, they don't mind me wearing high heals. My first visit specifically to him, we celebrated my birthday and he and my husband had cooporated on a special gift for me, which was super nice. All his friends and a lot of strangers were there, it was weird and very Turkish
                        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

It started online, on a dating site but both of us only looking for someone to talk to while still in bad relationships. For months we were trying to encourage and help each other. We talked and listened but only chat and no pictures. We would both have been happy for the other one in their old lives but neither was meant to be. A long story. So through many twists and turns over the years we're now committed to our love story.

Comment

We met the day i married my wife. Whoops, lol.
                            "And I miss you but, it feels good this way
                            Let’s fall in love somewhere that you'll wanna stay"

Comment

I'll post the tl;dr version: We met through internet roleplay. We eventually started simply talking more and more, roleplaying less and less. I had developed a crush on my SO, and they had developed one on me as well. So, I said we should give this relationship a shot, and here we are almost two years later, still going strong.
                              "Love, it's not an emotion. Love is a promise!"- The 12th Doctor in Death in Heaven

You need to stop focusing on the "what if" and keep focusing on the "what is."

First Time Meeting: August 10th 2014-August 21st 2014
                              Second Time Meeting: March 13th 2015-March 20th 2015
                              Third Meeting: December 27th 2015-January 21st 2016 (We got engaged!)
                              Fourth Meeting: July 12th-August 25th 2016
                              Fifth Meeting: February 10th-February 28th 2017 (My S/O came to America!)
                              Next Meeting: June 20th-September 17th 2017 (Our longest visit yet!)

Comment

Working...
                              X