No announcement yet.

How did it all start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've known of him for a long time on a gaming forum/community but we didn't talk much until a couple years ago. I actually though he was a woman for a long time because he personifies himself as a lady sometimes online and in games just....because lol. He likes fooling people but not in a malicious way. Anyway, we joked around about getting e-married and shit and after some time it evolved into a real relationship. I think we were both hesitant about it at first because of the distance (or at least I was!) but we make it work remarkably well. We still talk about marriage and what it would be like to live together but we're not making active plans past this summer as of yet. But I do have high hopes for whats to come!

Comment

Originally posted by BFG View Post
      We met the day i married my wife. Whoops, lol.
      Full story please.

Comment

Originally posted by Redheart14 View Post
        Full story please.
        https://members.lovingfromadistance....187#post408187

The introduction.
        To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Redheart14 View Post
          Full story please.
          Originally posted by R&R View Post
          Further to that, I have since separated from my wife. Much to J's delight.

It was surprisingly civil, no plates to duck or shoes thrown in my direction.
          "And I miss you but, it feels good this way
          Let’s fall in love somewhere that you'll wanna stay"

Comment

I'm new here, been in a long distance relationship for only 3 weeks but known him a little longer than that. I actually met him in real life through my brother. He had been playing online with my brother and we were heading to his city for a gaming event a few months ago, so had dinner together, all 3 of us lol. I thought he was cool, but didn't really look at him in THAT way. He added me on Facebook after our meeting and I started messaging him. We got close fast, we were messaging and playing online together everyday. I really like that we met for real first. I'm going to go meet him and his family next month. We have a four week wait and it's killing me. He's 170 miles from me which doesn't sound like much but feels like it in little old England lol.

Also our situation is kinda unique as I am a Muslim, he isn't. So our relationship is a secret from my family. I wish I could tell people like he's been able to but I'll put myself at risk. My family won't react well, especially my parents. My younger sister knows but she's only 15.

Comment

Met my SO a few months ago on FB he messaged me and said 'hi I don't mean to sound too forward but you are beautiful. I hope this doesn't make me sound thirsty, I wanted to genuinely pay you a compliment.' 2 days later we exchanged numbers and I think we've talked and video chatted everyday for two months now. I'm not seasoned yet but I pray that this is real because he seems to just fit.

Comment

My SO and I met on Twitter. We were (still are) roleplay partners, we talked for a few years and eventually we learned more about each other and I found myself developing feelings. I'd never been in a relationship before this one so I didn't quite know what to do. It took me a while to ask my SO to make it official but when they said yes I was very excited. So that's how we met.
                Why do we fall and not rise into love?
                Because you become vunerable in it.
                -jangandfox (on instagram)

Comment

My SO and I met on FB as well. He was a high school friend of my brothers that I never knew, as my brother is 9 years younger. We both lost our little sisters to cancer, which is how we started conversing. He messages me and said "how is it that you are Ryan's beautiful sister and I don't Know you?"

3 1/2 years later, here we are ...both divorced, engaged, and loving our lives!
                  sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

I have been on an anime forum since I was in Highschool. I have learned to watched animes reccomended by my older brother entitle One Piece. I have been looking for theories at Google and found an anime forum website. Months passed I lurked into his profile. I posted and til then we talked. He just keeps on trolling with me! Till I gave him my emails cause I got busy. Until. My facebook. And that was how our closeness starts

Comment

I was just able to look back and read everyone's stories because I've been away for a while. I think its pretty cool how everyone has a unique story to meeting their SO, even if you just met on a dating app. I enjoyed reading everyone's stories and appreciate you all for sharing!

Comment

My SO was close friends with my late husband in college. He has always lived far away, so I actually only met him once or twice for dinner before Hubby died in 2009. We struck up a friendship because he visits my city a few times a year and mutual friends invited me to hang out. We were friends for several years, with him actually being involved with someone else for much of that time A
                        - actually being engaged for about 7 months in 2015. That ended in late summer, and we got together at christmastime. I truly think he could be me forever person and I love him to pieces.

Comment

My SO and I met back in 2007 while beta testing Pirates of the Caribbean Online. He sent me a message to join his guild while I was away from the computer. When I saw his other message, jokingly saying "ok I guess you're ignoring me or something lol" I replied back, and accepted his guild request. We played for a bit on the game, before exchanging MSN Messenger details. Then, we moved our chats to Messenger, and got to know each other better. We would be on Messenger, chatting away almost every day, while beta testing the game. I still have the messages he gave me saved on this computer to look back on. They are pretty funny, and sweet to read, especially when I am missing him a lot. The messages we sent to each other make me smile. Now, we are married, and even though we are still going long distance, I feel that our love for each other is just as strong as it was back then.

Comment

My SO and I met at work. I had just gotten out of a very bad relationship (as some of you already know) and I had decided to move back to my home state for a while to be by family and friends. When I moved we stayed in touch and talked all the time and became close friends. We had talked about being in a relationship but he was skeptical of doing long distance so we just agreed to stay friends. A month after leaving I had to go back to his state for court with my Ex so while I was there we met up and hung out that whole week. When he dropped me off we decided to give it a try and be long distance because the plan for me was to always go back to his state even before becoming his friend.

A couple months later I flew back for our second visit. I got to meet his family and we watched movies and decoracted their family tree. It was amazing and he told me he loved me for the first time.

In two days we will have our third visit. He is taking me to meet his friends. I cannot be more happy with this relationship.

Comment

Wow. How do you long distance being married? So awesome. Love the story. My SO and I are big into gaming ourselves its something fun to bond over.

Comment

Originally posted by sunnymess54 View Post
                                Wow. How do you long distance being married? So awesome. Love the story. My SO and I are big into gaming ourselves its something fun to bond over.
                                It's really no different from doing long distance while not being married. The only difference is we have the paper. We got married while he came to the States back in 2012. We have just been skyping, gaming, and doing visits back and forth. We plan on closing the distance as soon as he gets a job that better meets the financial requirement as per the visa requirement rules for the UK.

Comment

Working...
                                X