What are your Christmas Plans for 2015?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are your Christmas Plans for 2015?

Nothing serious here, just wondering what people's Christmas plans are, especially in terms of their SO? I hope a lot of you can see your SO too!

My SO and I can't be together this Christmas, so we'll be video chatting on the day and we will also start looking at flights for the first quarter of 2016, so we can visit each other.

He arrives here dec 23 at 4 pm. He is such a boob! He was supposed to make his flight for dec 22 in the evening because he took off the 23.... But he forgot! And it's too expensive now to change it. But that's ok. I have to work the 23 anyway. He leaves the morning of the 28, then returns on the 30 for the new year with a friend for the week.
    sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Xmas eve dinner with my dad's family, nothing super exciting. Then we'll go home and probably play some Half Life with my wife's family and open our stockings. Xmas morning Allie and I open our gifts for each other and then load up the car and head over to my sister's to open family gifts. Then Xmas dinner with family and party!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
      Married April 18th, 2015!!
      Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

My SO and I aren't getting so spend Christmas together but we both have our gifts for each other sitting under our Christmas tree's ready to open. We're stuck between filming a video opening each others gifts to send to each other or just skyping opening them. Not sure what we're gonna do but we're both busy Christmas day in her day time anyway, so hopefully I might be able to catch her when she gets home or we're just gonna hopefully open our presents on boxing day together :3
        my girls <3

Josie (SO)
        Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
        Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
        Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
        Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
        Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
        Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
        Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
        All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

I will have my Norwegian inlaws over for Christmas. On what we call "tiny Christmas", the 23rd of December, I will have a dinner with my husband, his parents, my parents, my sisters and brother, and my sister's husband. On Christmas eve, my inlaws, my husband and I will have dinner, probably husband will make a traditional Western Norway dish and open most of the gifts. On Christmas Day we will have a big lunch with cakes and sandwhices where the same people will come over. On Boxing day we will go to my aunt and uncle for my aunt's famous Christmas lunch, some of my cousins will come too. 27th we will have friends over. 28th and 29th I hope to have some more family visits. 30th is my Birthday, so I will have some small celebration then.

Husband will have parts of Christmas off, he works in a hospital so he can't get all of it off. But just having some time off with him now will be great. I really need to catch up with him before he starts his new job.

Also, 25th is my payday, so I plan to buy a flight ticket for January to visit SO I will not send SO any gifts because I don't know where he will stay, I will probably bring something when I come, instead.

I will chat and Skype with SO throughout Christmas, but he will probably work most of the time and I will be busy, so I will probably send pics. It will be very weird because I know I will feel sad he is not there, but he will not celebrate nor feel that we should be together at that time because he has never celebrated Christmas. It will be different on New Year's eve, we usually make two countdowns, because of the time difference, which I think is cute
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

this saturday I'm going home and my bf is joining me. We'll spend xmas with my family (him meeting my parents for the first time). Just chill at home and enjoy each others company until 30/12 when we are going for a week to Iceland

Comment

Aww, all of your Xmas' sound like they'll be really nice. I hope they all turn out to plan (I'm very jealous).

Originally posted by kittyxuchiha11 View Post
              We're stuck between filming a video opening each others gifts to send to each other or just skyping opening them
              Oh, both ways would be nice! I forgot my girlfriend and I had sent presents to each other too. So we'll both have something to open on the day.
              Last edited by WarwickGuy; December 17, 2015, 09:39 AM. Reason: Was distracted studying and miswrote

Comment

Originally posted by kittyxuchiha11 View Post
                We're stuck between filming a video opening each others gifts to send to each other or just skyping opening them.
                omg I am the dumbest - I never thought of Skyping while opening presents! My s/o and I have done it while we're both on the phone, but never through Skype! What a genius idea! This place is full of geniuses I tell ya.

My Christmas is going to be chaotic and not fun. I had badly wanted my guy to come up for the holiday, but now I am almost glad he wasn't able to. Although I do miss having someone around to give me hugs and kisses on demand when the chaos gets to be too much

My family will be spending Christmas Eve with my aunt and cousins in the country. She's very sick with cancer and everyone is worried it will be her "last Christmas".

Comment

Just found out last night that I'm hosting Christmas Eve at my house for my family, and my daughter's fiance's family No idea how I'll pull it off, considering I've been working very late at least two or three nights a week, but I'll figure it out. Christmas is at my parent's place for presents and a huge dinner. Sadly, I won't get to see my guy this year, but he was here for the holidays last year, so I won't moan about it too much. Happy holidays, everyone.
                  Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Sadly my SO and I will be apart for Christmas and the rest of the holidays. He's also a day ahead of me, but he said he will have me on camera when him and his family open their Christmas presents. Knowing his mum, she will go around waking everyone up around 5 am for presents (that's what she did last year when I was there). He's a day ahead of me, so that gives us two days to spend the holiday's together.

As for me, I will be going out with family for Christmas early in the afternoon, then when my SO gets up, we will open up presents while on Facetime. Then we'll just spend the day with each other. He will probably be on Facetime for as well because my family still wants to incorporate him even though he's not here. Nothing too fancy for me. I know his family likes to plan a lot and have a bunch of family over. At least they're okay with having me on camera so I can say hi to everyone!

Comment

I have actually never celebrated Christmas due to my family's religion, but I sent out a Christmas card and gifts to my boyfriend. He's opening his gifts on Christmas day, just received them in the post yesterday. He bought me something but told me to open it as soon as it arrived, which was yesterday. It was a lovely handbag

Comment

This is our first Christmas in Arizona. All of my friends are students and they're going back home for the holidays. We can't go back to Kansas because my fiancé has to work and we couldn't justify the expensive flights just to spend a long weekend. So it looks like it'll be just the two of us. We'll probably cook something nice together and then spend the day watching netflix and stuffing our faces.
                        So, here you are
                        too foreign for home
                        too foreign for here.
                        Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Originally posted by ChloChlo View Post
                          omg I am the dumbest - I never thought of Skyping while opening presents! My s/o and I have done it while we're both on the phone, but never through Skype! What a genius idea! This place is full of geniuses I tell ya.
                          I did the same I just thought we could talk over our headsets while we opened them then i was like, hold on skype exists, i could see her reaction! i made her a little like present guide and numbered the presents in a certain order so she has something to read to explain why each present is special when she's opening it in case we don't get to skype or anything. Even if we don't get to talk on christmas day i just hope we get to open our presents together. I'm having flowers be delivered to her on christmas eve as well, i've gone all out this year with way too many cute presents for her hehe :3
                          my girls <3

Josie (SO)
                          Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
                          Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
                          Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
                          Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
                          Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
                          Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
                          Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
                          All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

My SO just flew in last night to spend the holidays with me- yay!!
                            We will be having Xmas Eve dinner with my dad, then going to see a movie with him Xmas morning. Later that day, we'll be going to my Grandma's house on my mom's side of the family for Xmas dinner

Comment

We're actually spending most of the holidays apart. I'm going back to Indiana. I fly out on Christmas Day and return on January 2. My husband's father passed at the end of November. SO spent almost a month flying back and forth between Edmonton and Halifax. His place of work was more than accommodating at that time so we decided not to push time off for the holidays. It isn't ideal, and not at all what we planned but it is what it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X