Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My gift idea

Hi.
    My GF hasn't given me any ideas at all for what to get her for Christmas. But today in town, found a bracelet I thought was quite nice. Was £69, managed to persuade staff member for discount, so paid £27, great result.
    Spoiler:
    I cannot share links due to post count. But I have a picture of bracelet in an album under my account.
    Feel free to have a look.

Instead of just sending her this, in the box like everybody does, I'm thinking about trying something different.
    Not thought of the exact details yet, but I have the idea of hiding the bracelet inside something. Something like a small ornament, something that is just passable as a Christmas gift. And then after a few days (this will be beginning of jan anyway, we send stuff after Christmas) I'll tell her to have a look at the gift, or check inside, to reveal the bracelet.

Have a few questions:
    I. Dumb idea? How would you feel or react to something like this? (mainly asking the female audience)

II. I don't know much about shipping (U.K to USA) Should I select some type of special insured delivery method? Which is the best?

III. If any females could take a look at the bracelet (Look inside spoiler tag) I'd appreciate any opinions on it.

IV. Any better ideas?

Thank you guys

The bracelet is lovely and I can't believe you got such a good discount on it! I know it, I actually want one lol. The idea of hiding it inside something else is such a great idea, if my boyfriend did that I'd be sooo happy and touched by it. Sorry I can't help you with the shipping thing, good luck.

Comment

I agree with honeybunny, the bracelet is lovely
      if my boyfriend did that (your plan) I'd be so surprised and happy and everything It's a really good idea you should definitely do it!
      As for the shipping, I don't know if you send stuff to the USA then it needs some kinds of special insurance stuff? Like, I live in Hungary (EU member) and send stuff to Norway (SO's country, not EU member) and I only use the 'priority' shipping, so in our case for example whether its EU or not doesn't make much of a difference :o It has worked so far every time ^^ But I don't know, I don't really know much about what would be the best if you send stuff to the USA, I don't think it is that complicated.

As a plus idea, send a love letter with it :333
      Tell us later how it goes!

Comment

Originally posted by yuunai View Post
        I agree with honeybunny, the bracelet is lovely
        if my boyfriend did that (your plan) I'd be so surprised and happy and everything It's a really good idea you should definitely do it!
        As for the shipping, I don't know if you send stuff to the USA then it needs some kinds of special insurance stuff? Like, I live in Hungary (EU member) and send stuff to Norway (SO's country, not EU member) and I only use the 'priority' shipping, so in our case for example whether its EU or not doesn't make much of a difference :o It has worked so far every time ^^ But I don't know, I don't really know much about what would be the best if you send stuff to the USA, I don't think it is that complicated.

As a plus idea, send a love letter with it :333
        Tell us later how it goes!
        You know what, I'm going to include a letter, and leave subtle clues with wording for her to figure out.
        Thanks

Comment

The thing with shipping is that customs officers are allowed to open whatever packages come through internationally. They may disrupt your "hiding place" and then the whole thing would fall apart.

I personally would rather just get the bracelet without all the fuss of hiding it or anything but everyone's different.

Internationally shipping things is expensive so be prepared for that. An insured/trackable package, or even a special delivery service rather than the usual post office (FedEx, DHL, etc) may provide better service and give you peace of mind that she'll actually get it - but the cost would be higher. For specific options I'll let members in a US/UK relationship speak as they'll have more experience.
          So, here you are
          too foreign for home
          too foreign for here.
          Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Working...
          X