Where's everyone at? :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's everyone at? :)

Hi guys. I haven't posted in a while. The truth is because I've been super busy with school and everything, being my final year. Also I received great news I wanted to share with you guys. My SO was granted his visa yesterday, and we will be closing the distance little over 1 weeks time. Insanity.

I wanted to share this with you because so many of you on this forum have helped me since the start of my relationship and I'm very grateful for that.

Which brings me to my next point. Where is everyone at in their relationship? I'd love to hear any updates from you guys and keep this community alive.

All the best, "Happygirl123" xoxo

I'm so happy to hear the good news for you! Thank you for sharing!
    As for me and mine, we have about 3.5 apart while he is in med school and then possibly 3 to 5 years after that depending on where he does his residency at. I try not to think about it.

Comment

Things seem to strengthen everyday with my SO. He understands me 110% and even knows me better than I know myself on occasions. He knows when I'm feeling upset, down, depressed or stressed, but also feels the joy, laughter, peace and harmony he brings me. In return, I'm rewarded with all his positivism and his loving, kind, gentle and caring nature. We go from strength to strength, even when he annoys me, or I annoy him, we bounce back quickly and resolve things. Arguments are very rare, small and quickly resolved. We meet for the first time in April next year, and I'm seriously considering going to see him. If possible, anyway, in summer 2016. All in all... things couldn't be better, quite honestly, given our situations.

Comment

I've been with my boyfriend a month today. It sounds like nothing, but we spent a while getting to know each other before we made it official. So it feels like way longer.

Comment

That's exciting! I'm happy for you guys I wish you all the luck in the future <3

My SO and I have been together just a little over 4 years now. We're at the point in time where we're working all the time and going to school. I'm doing college online, so I'm able to travel around as much as I want. I'm only in my first year, but I'm managing it really well. We're starting to close the distance in the coming year. The process will take about 2-3 years, so we're thinking it will be when I'm done with school. I'm so ready to close this distance. We've been together but apart for so long. It's really complicated when it's an international relationship though. But, as time goes on, we know what we want to do, where we're going to live, and what to prepare for. Time has really flown by since the start of our relationship. Here's to new beginnings and a new year! <3

Comment

If things go according to plan i guess we'll start trying to close the distance at least temperately in about 2-3 years. I'm at college just now and have another year of this course after this year then i'm planning on going to uni to get my BA honors and then possibly staying another year to get my masters. We've talked about it a bit and just now she doesn't really want to move over here because she needs to be close enough so that she can be their for her grandma if she's needed and her best friend who's she's known for like 20 years lives close by and she doesn't want to move away form her. I never thought i'd ever even consider moving to America because i like living in Scotland and just sort of planned to stay here my whole life. but from having a look the job market for my field might not be so bad over there so i guess i could move if i really needed too. basically, it's going to be a good few years before we can even think about living together so there's no need us getting super worried about it yet :3
            my girls <3

Josie (SO)
            Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
            Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
            Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
            Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
            Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
            Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
            Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
            All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

Originally posted by BaconGirl05 View Post
              That's exciting! I'm happy for you guys I wish you all the luck in the future <3

My SO and I have been together just a little over 4 years now. We're at the point in time where we're working all the time and going to school. I'm doing college online, so I'm able to travel around as much as I want. I'm only in my first year, but I'm managing it really well. We're starting to close the distance in the coming year. The process will take about 2-3 years, so we're thinking it will be when I'm done with school. I'm so ready to close this distance. We've been together but apart for so long. It's really complicated when it's an international relationship though. But, as time goes on, we know what we want to do, where we're going to live, and what to prepare for. Time has really flown by since the start of our relationship. Here's to new beginnings and a new year! <3
              Thank you. And wow, 4 years! That's amazing. I wish you the best with your plans to close the distance.

Comment

We hit the 2 year mark last month. We are hoping to close the distance next year but some unexpected situations have occurred and it may be postponed until 2017. We're taking things as they come and know we will be together as soon as we can.
                To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

We are at 3 1/2 years and have officially closed the distance, meaning he's moved all his things in and rented out his house, however he still works in NY and comes home every Friday night, then heads back on Monday morning. It's trying and tiring, but better than nothing while we wait for a job opening here! I'm worried about the upcoming winter weather and hope it doesn't screw with any of his flights! They are all booked through February.

He'll be home this afternoon!
                  sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

We have dated beyond 2 years, international long distance Norway-Turkey. He has visited me once (I had to guarantee for him). I have been fortunate to visit him lots of times, and combine these visits with my studies. When I start working full time, that will probably change. I will visit him less and focus on paying off debt and getting savings - I will also need to show savings to have him here, because they changed the guarantee rules. My dream is to have him here in the spring of 2016 for a month, and that in 2017 he can move here to work 4-5 months as a trial of closing the distance. We have a cat in Turkey called Minik Minnoş, which is the daughter of our first cat. We love cats.

I know closing the distance is not all sunshine and rainbows. There are some cultural differences and for sure there will be frustrations before we figure them out. But he already has friends in my country, which I think helps.
                    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
                    X