X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texting between Europe - U.S.?

Hey Guys,

so my girlfriend lives in the U.S. and I live in Europe,

we have been texting through Yahoo Messenger (and AIM) because she has unlimited texting in the U.S. and I have internet access on my phone, so I can be online on YIM and text her for free and she can text me back for no charge.

I have just been wondering if any of you guys do something similar.

If you do please let me know how you do it!

cause the app I use on my phone sucks, doesnt save chat history, doesnt let me know when I get a new message and sometimes even crashes.

Thank you,

cbass

well to text Denise i have to use this website: https://www.cbfsms.com/ then she texts back on my phone, my phone is weird it will receive texts and calls from the UK but i cant call or text the UK :/

Comment

My bf is in the states and Im also in Europe
      I dont text him tho due to reasons (parents and all that jazz) >_>
      What I do mostly is I get online with my phone on Facebook and send him a message there cause he's online whenever he has time.
      I dont have unlimited internet use but its still very cheap for me so yea it works out

Comment

Facebook / AIM / YIM forwarding to your phone doesnt cost any money in the u.s.
        so you could tell your partner in the u.s. to set it up (if you need help google it or ask me)
        its very easy and uncomplicated, you can text all you want for free (if you have unlimited texting in the u.s. & internet on your phone in europe)

@noodle, im also from germany and with alot of cheap phone carriers like alditalk/eplus (thats what i use) you can be online with the app nimbuzz oder ebuddy 24/7 at almost no cost, there are no extra charges! i text alot and i spend not even 50 cent per day on average, its really nice and so worth it. i only use an sony ericsson phone, wish i had an iphone that would make things lot easier!

anyways,

Does anyone else use some other app or device to text your partner in the u.s. from europe???

Comment

haha I use the alditalk as well and I also have a Sony Ericsson now xD
          but well I dont have to text my SO much cause we both get online as soon as we're home and done with hmwrk and stuff so we can talk on Skype and see each other so yea

But hey check Fonic I think their texts are like 9cents
          and O2 has some new international rates or somethin I just saw it the other day, not sure if it was for texting or callin tho

Comment

Mickey has an app on his iphone that allows us to text between the US and Guam. before he got that though, we would send texts through email. or use the phone companies websites. Most companies have a deal on their website that will allow you text someone who is with their company. Skype also has a textin option
            "God I'm evil!" ~Me
            "Yes you are. Now shut up and kiss me." ~AJ

Everyday apart is one day closer to being together again.

Comment

I used emails and read them on the cell

Comment

Working...
              X