Favourite christmas presents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by emsimes View Post
    I got giftcards and money this year from family and friends. People always say those are the cheesiest types of gifts to give, but they're actually my favorite!
    Also, having my SO here over the holidays has been lovely
    Where is the picture? ;D

My favorite gift this year was my bottle from Ivory Ella, I got it from my twin sister (because she says I need to start drinking more, 5 of those a day, A DAY!!!)

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
    First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
    Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
    Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
    Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
    Married: 1/24/2015
    Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

My favorite Christmas present this year was from a good friend, she got me a "5year diary" which is beautiful (turquise and gold) as well as very useful! I already keep a very personal journal as well as a practical timeplanner, this diary will be something in between. I love thinking about what will happen one year from now, or five years from now, and it feels good to write a sentence or two each day.
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by emsimes View Post
        I got giftcards and money this year from family and friends. People always say those are the cheesiest types of gifts to give, but they're actually my favorite!
        Also, having my SO here over the holidays has been lovely
        I'm with Snow on this one, where's the pictures. your SO can also count as your favourite present haha

Originally posted by snow View Post
        Where is the picture? ;D

My favorite gift this year was my bottle from Ivory Ella, I got it from my twin sister (because she says I need to start drinking more, 5 of those a day, A DAY!!!)
        oh my goodness, 5 of those day??? like that is the most adorable water bottle ever and all, but i don't think i even drink one of those a day just now lol
        my girls <3

Josie (SO)
        Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
        Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
        Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
        Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
        Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
        Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
        Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
        All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

Originally posted by Honour View Post
          I'd love to know what my SO got me, but it still hasn't arrived and might have been lost in the post. Really pissed about that.

Still waiting for mine too. US post seems to be ridiculously slow and also crazy expensive.

Comment

Melissa got me three books. 'Revolutionary Suicide', 'Millenium' and 'They Came before Columbus'. They're all great.

Comment

My wife and mother got me a FitBit for Xmas!! I love it!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
              Married April 18th, 2015!!
              Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

My fiancé got me a bunch of things for hiking, including a camelbak bladder that fits in my new hiking backpack (I gifted that one to me) and a whole outfit from Columbia (leggings, long sleeve shirt, hoodie). Love that in Arizona we can be active through the winter!
                So, here you are
                too foreign for home
                too foreign for here.
                Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

My Samsung Galaxy Note 4 my parents got me!
                  It's actually been great for this ldr too, cause my computer is becoming allergic to Skype I swear.
                  The tablet takes it like a champ and will always gladly load it when my computer version wants to be a jerk.
                  Plus it has amazing battery life compared to my phone which is a plus.
                  Met: Apr 2013
                  Mutual interest: July 2013
                  Relationship Began: November 6 2013
                  First Visit (Her to Me): July 4 2014
                  Second Visit (Me to Her): Jan/Feb 2015 Postponed due to sister having baby
                  Second Visit! (Her to Me again): June 16 2015 - July 4 2015
                  Engaged: June 29 2015 <3
                  Third Visit: (Her to me, working on it) January 19 2016 - February 2 2016

Comment

My mom and I waited for the after Christmas sales, so we went on a shopping spree together As for what my SO got me, I'm still waiting on him (lol slacker:P) but he says I'll love what he's sending me! (Maybe hoping for a ring..)

Comment

My Favorite gift was from my SO. He was so generous, but my two faves are both Tiffany necklaces!
                      sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

One of my friends got me a New England Patriots challenge coin. Absolutely love it!
                        To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwessie View Post
                          My Samsung Galaxy Note 4 my parents got me!
                          It's actually been great for this ldr too, cause my computer is becoming allergic to Skype I swear.
                          The tablet takes it like a champ and will always gladly load it when my computer version wants to be a jerk.
                          Plus it has amazing battery life compared to my phone which is a plus.
                          I feel this on an emotional level ha. my computer is an actual dinosaur (like 9 years old it runs vista as it's OS) so skype was temperamental as heck on my computer even when i first started skyping with my ex back in 2012. finally upgraded to the world of smartphones in 2013 and so i used that for skype a lot but it absolutely kills your battery. so when i got my tablet back in 2014 and found skype worked better than anything else i was overjoyed. my tablet is still doing me well now and is just perfect for skype and the only thing i ever use it on lol. honestly getting a tablet was probably the best thing that's ever happened to me, finally got my mum one for christmas and she absolutely loves hers too haha.
                          my girls <3

Josie (SO)

Ash

Comment

Well my parcel finally arrived. To say I was overwhelmed is the understatement of the century.

SO sent a large box and it was heavy. Inside was presents for the kids, not sure what they are yet as they are wrapped and the kids are at school so will open them when they get home.

For me there was loads of Reeses which is great I love those!! There was a smaller present and when I unwrapped it ether was a Pink Floyd t shirt which I love!! Wrapped inside the t shirt was a little bag, it was from Pandora! Inside the box was a beautiful silver bracelet with a Chicago charm. I absolutely love it. I have wanted one of these bracelets for years.

What makes this really extra special is that I never told SO that I wanted one of these bracelets. I did have a conversation on Facebook with a mutual friends a few months ago about jewellery and I mentioned to her how much I liked pandora bracelets. He must have either seen it or she told him. I can't imagine she did as they are not that close friends on Facebook and he doesn't have messenger so I can only think he has super duper stalking skills lol!

I am so happy, I'm not a materialistic girl all but to have an item of jewellery I can wear every day that he has bought for me is purely magical. It's like part of him is always with me. I love it and I cannot wait for him to wake up so I can thank him. And how lovely is it that I can add to this bracket, each bead or charm will hold a special memory. I am overwhelmed and very grateful. I love this guy so much, we have been through a really rough patch and I really have thought about giving up on this LDR as it seems so hopeless recently but this has lifted me so much. Such a thoughtful and attentive gift. He's a keeper.

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn26 View Post
                              Well my parcel finally arrived. To say I was overwhelmed is the understatement of the century.

SO sent a large box and it was heavy. Inside was presents for the kids, not sure what they are yet as they are wrapped and the kids are at school so will open them when they get home.

For me there was loads of Reeses which is great I love those!! There was a smaller present and when I unwrapped it ether was a Pink Floyd t shirt which I love!! Wrapped inside the t shirt was a little bag, it was from Pandora! Inside the box was a beautiful silver bracelet with a Chicago charm. I absolutely love it. I have wanted one of these bracelets for years.

What makes this really extra special is that I never told SO that I wanted one of these bracelets. I did have a conversation on Facebook with a mutual friends a few months ago about jewellery and I mentioned to her how much I liked pandora bracelets. He must have either seen it or she told him. I can't imagine she did as they are not that close friends on Facebook and he doesn't have messenger so I can only think he has super duper stalking skills lol!

I am so happy, I'm not a materialistic girl all but to have an item of jewellery I can wear every day that he has bought for me is purely magical. It's like part of him is always with me. I love it and I cannot wait for him to wake up so I can thank him. And how lovely is it that I can add to this bracket, each bead or charm will hold a special memory. I am overwhelmed and very grateful. I love this guy so much, we have been through a really rough patch and I really have thought about giving up on this LDR as it seems so hopeless recently but this has lifted me so much. Such a thoughtful and attentive gift. He's a keeper.
                              Awwww this is so sweet! With my ex I sent her a charm bracelet at the start of the year and then sent her a charm with each monthly love letter until she had a charm bracelet full of charms. I thought about doing that with my current SO but i've already sent her 2 bracelets and she complains enough about how they're getting roughed up because of her job, so decided not too lol. it's a really cute idea though.
                              I'm sort of jealous of how much thought your SO put into your present, I'm glad you feel better about you guys relationship now though :3
                              my girls <3

Josie (SO)

Ash

Comment

Thank you that's so sweet.

He even got the size right, I have really tiny wrists, most bracelets fall straight off but this one was so small it is perfect.

I wish I knew how to get a pic on here!! It's so beautiful, even the clasp is exquisite. I am so lucky, he picked exactly right, I love it.

Comment

Working...
                                X