Cancelled visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cancelled visit

She told me she will visit me during the holidays. Of course seeing her again after such a long time made me very excited to have her here.
    Her family planned to visit her right afterwards (they live in a third country), so she would not miss seeing them that year.
    When the time came to finally book the tickets she decided differently and visited her family instead. First she told me she didn't have time to do either and only would fly to her parents place to pick them up, as they have not travelled that long before.
    Usually, she has been very reliable; seeing her being dishonest to me, I wonder if this is a one time thing and what caused it... Additionally, she has not made any alternative plans yet, but wants to pay for the flight if I could come around to see her, which will not be anytime soon.

Sorry the trip got cancelled. But you need to remember to communicate with her...share what bothered you without being argumentative.
    Discuss the plan for the next visit and be flexible... sometimes it causes more stress when life interrupts us. Best wishes to you both in the New Year!

Comment

No, the trip did not get cancelled. She decided not to go.

Comment

Is it possible that something happened in the family that made it so she had to go visit them instead of the original plan?
        So, here you are
        too foreign for home
        too foreign for here.
        Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Originally posted by Ejoriah View Post
          Is it possible that something happened in the family that made it so she had to go visit them instead of the original plan?
          (Edit: )
          You were right, somehow.
          Last edited by Chillosaurus; January 4, 2016, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Sounds a bit odd. Have you asked her why she decided to change her mind so suddenly?

Comment

Originally posted by Honour View Post
              Sounds a bit odd. Have you asked her why she decided to change her mind so suddenly?
              (Edit: )I understand better about it now and I can believe and trust her about that...
              Last edited by Chillosaurus; January 4, 2016, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X