Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I get to see him in less than two weeks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get to see him in less than two weeks!

I am so excited wheeee.

I feel more excited about this visit than I have in a little bit. I am spoiled by most standards, as the last time I saw him was in June when I went up there for our four year anniversary. That visit came with a lot of weight attached to it, as shortly beforehand he had wanted to call it off between us, but we managed to agree to let me go up there (I already had everything booked and it was non-refundable), to see if it would rekindle anything that he felt he might have lost, and the visit really helped, and it's been mostly awesome ever since. I feel like, since that time over half a year ago, we have both managed to shift our attitudes enough to find a sweet spot in the middle that we are both happy with, that makes our relationship a lot better. It's taken a huge weight off our shoulders, and through teamwork and effort, I feel like our relationship is the best it's been in a long time. We still have our issues, but nothing like before. I'm thankful for him having fought for me and for us, even when he wanted to give up, and seeing him this go around feels so much different and less apprehensive than the last time. And it's making me just that more excited to see him.

I dunno, I felt like making a little celebratory post of sorts. I'm just feeling extra giddy about it all right now.

That's great. Hope you have a lovely time together!

Comment

Originally posted by Secrecy View Post
      I am so excited wheeee.

I feel more excited about this visit than I have in a little bit. I am spoiled by most standards, as the last time I saw him was in June when I went up there for our four year anniversary. That visit came with a lot of weight attached to it, as shortly beforehand he had wanted to call it off between us, but we managed to agree to let me go up there (I already had everything booked and it was non-refundable), to see if it would rekindle anything that he felt he might have lost, and the visit really helped, and it's been mostly awesome ever since. I feel like, since that time over half a year ago, we have both managed to shift our attitudes enough to find a sweet spot in the middle that we are both happy with, that makes our relationship a lot better. It's taken a huge weight off our shoulders, and through teamwork and effort, I feel like our relationship is the best it's been in a long time. We still have our issues, but nothing like before. I'm thankful for him having fought for me and for us, even when he wanted to give up, and seeing him this go around feels so much different and less apprehensive than the last time. And it's making me just that more excited to see him.

I dunno, I felt like making a little celebratory post of sorts. I'm just feeling extra giddy about it all right now.
      I'm glad!
      Also you're someone I should be following! I need all the advice in the world on how to do this US/Canada thing sometimes.
      Met: Apr 2013
      Mutual interest: July 2013
      Relationship Began: November 6 2013
      First Visit (Her to Me): July 4 2014
      Second Visit (Me to Her): Jan/Feb 2015 Postponed due to sister having baby
      Second Visit! (Her to Me again): June 16 2015 - July 4 2015
      Engaged: June 29 2015 <3
      Third Visit: (Her to me, working on it) January 19 2016 - February 2 2016

Comment

Working...
      X