Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introduction!

Hello All,

I just found this forum this week and wanted to post a quick introduction. My name is QueenD and I recently began a LDR of sorts with a man, J, who lives about 1000 miles from me.

My story: I'm 41 and live in the KC area. He lives in South Carolina. I was married once but my husband died about 6 years ago of cancer. J was married before and got divorced a long time ago. He also was engaged for a few months in early 2015 but they broke up a few months ago. J actually knew my husband - they went to college together - but I only met him once or twice before my husband died. We have been friends for a few years - he visits KC to see family 2-3 times a year.

We've always had a really strong friends connection, with a little extra kick neither of us quite understood. Over the last 5 years or so when we've always made a point of visiting when he is in town (some individual visits, some with other mutual friends) we have gotten to really appreciate each other a lot.

Things took a different turn when we saw each other while he was in town over Christmas seeing family. We went out with our friends to the movies, and afterward ended up hanging out at my house and he kissed me - then we saw each other a couple more times, once for a Christmas Eve date that didn't end until like 4am (pretty innocently, folks) and then I visited him at his parents' house twice more while he was in town. We haven't had a huge "I'm in live with you, let's be together forever" type conversation, but when we were together on Christmas Eve we did have a discussion in which I gave him the option that we could just forget about the kissing and whatnot and not speak of it again. He didn't think that sounded like a good idea.

Since he went home a week or so ago, we've texted every single day and talked on the phone a few times. It feels good to hear his voice, so even though I hate the phone I am getting that over it quickly.

We don't have a set time to see each other yet, but we are working on it. Hopefully I can go see him in a few weeks.

I don't really have questions at this time, just wanted to introduce myself. I am a fairly open book, so feel free to ask things. If you have any good suggestions for starting an LDR off right I'm also open to hearing them!

D

Welcome to LFAD!
    Best suggestion I have: Communicate with each other...surprisingly it helps....lol
    Health and Happiness to you both in the New Year

Comment

Welcome to LFAD :3
      my girls <3

Josie (SO)
      Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
      Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
      Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
      Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
      Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
      Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
      Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
      All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

Hello and welcome to LFAD!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
        Married April 18th, 2015!!
        Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Hello and welcome to LFAD!

It sounds like you are off to a great start, being friends first is a great basis for a strong relationship.

Comment

Welcome! Communication is a huge thing and make time for eachother. This is a awesome place.
            CLOSED THE DISTANCE FINALLY ON MAY 6, 2017

Comment

Working...
            X