Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

He left again and I feel depressed again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He left again and I feel depressed again.

I've been dating my boyfriend who lives across the country from me for almost 2 years. We just spent 3 weeks together and he just left the other day. And I've gotten pretty depressed. Seeing each other every second of every day and then not seeing him at all sucks. I cry when we talk on the phone, he's with his parents so I can't skypw with him yet. This isn't the first time I feel depressed. After seeing him last time and him leaving, me going back to college I got really depressed. I'm going back to college soon and I'm dreading it. I just want to live with him already. I'm seeing him possibly in march so that's only 3 months away but its killing me not to physically be with him. My mom has depression and I'm wondering if I should talk to a doctor and get some meds for it, or is it just from.being without my boyfriend? I don't have motivation once he's gone, I'm not sure what it is. Is it depression? Me missing him? Or is him being here just covering up my depression because I focus on him and I'm happy with him? What do you guys think??

I don't think there's anything wrong with seeing someone who can help you sort your emotions out. It's not necessarily depression - so many people jump to that conclusion so fast. We can feel badly or upset without it being depression. But you can have a professional help you figure things out and help you get yourself on track.

Never should another person become so much your focus that you don't live your own life. I don't care if they live in the same town or 3,000 miles away. It is important to maintain who YOU are as an individual. Losing yourself in another person or in a relationship isn't healthy.
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

I have seen my boyfriend on 3-4 weeks at a time 3 times previously. It is very hard to shake off that feeling that something is very wrong when you are no longer together.

3 months can go fast or slow. At least if you know the date you can make a count down.

It may be that you will need some help, weather it be someone to talk to or meds or something else.
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I agree with the both of you guys. It is normal to miss someone when you spend 24/7 together for three weeks and then go back to not seeing the other person at all. Most of us are going through the same. But I don't think there is anything wrong with seeking help. I know most colleges have psychologists you can see for just a few $. I don't know where you live and where your school is. But most schools in the USA and abroad offer some kind of help and normally not as expensive as "normally". Or if you don't feel comfortable going somewhere there are also phone lines you can call for free and you can talk to them. Hope this helps
        sigpic

Every lovestory is beautiful, but ours is my favorite. <3

Comment

Working...
        X