Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you overanalyze things....a vent from me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you overanalyze things....a vent from me...

First off I have a cold. I am bi*chy...I recognize my mood is very odd right now...

I got a late notice for my gas and electric. I was on the phone with SO. I kind of panicked when I read it. He didn't react the way I would have liked. A couple of times today he has rubbed me the wrong way (goodness I wish he could rub me haha)....but seriously he has said things today that normally I would be like...whatever.

But anyway...I called and found out the exact due date. Being a waitress is tough in the aspect of you don't know exactly how much you will make each day. You are depending on business and in fact the customer.

I started to stress...can I do it...can I make that much in that amount of time. I was frustrated that when I tried to talk to SO about it he really didn't have much of a reaction...but rather listened (well I hope he was listening...he was quiet...I will pretend he was listening at least)...and then the couple of things he said weren't what I wanted/needed to hear.

I ended up picking up a shift tomorrow night...and my ex agreed to take the kids...

So I called SO back and told him. I don't know if I expected him to do back flips and cartwheels or what. But still not the reaction.

It's really NOT that big of a deal. My mood and mind tho today are making things seem so much BIGGER than they are. My overanalyzing is kicking in full gear. If you knew what I meant by that it would make your head spin.

Add to it that a year ago today my short summer fling last summer ended...very abrubtly by a text from the guy. It was a very weird break up for me...and part of that still haunts me...still thinking I will be dumped. Whatever.

So....today mind is doing overtime..second guessing everything.

Thanks for letting me vent....but I do have a point.

Do you over analyze things...do you second guess things....How do YOU deal with things when you do that (if you do...maybe I am just wierd....).

Can I fast forward to tomorrow? I am not liking today too much.
    NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

oh all the time lol especially when im PMDD/PMSing. Denise will say something that i will take wrong and she'll be like "Your seeing things that arent there again! I didnt mean that!" i apologize when she explains what she meant....oops!

Comment

oh yes. I will over analyze to the moon and back. a lot of times Brian has said something random and I take it COMPLETELY out of context. he always has to tell me to chill out. haha.

I hope your day gets better!

Comment

I tend to over-analyze in general since I over-think because I have a lot of free time on my hands. There have been times I've thought about something my SO's said, or what I've heard him say to someone while we're on the phone, or what he leaves as an AIM status, etc so much that it loses all the facets with reality and my brain makes up new ones and I flip. It's worse when I can't get a hold of him during these times if the final version of this analyzing turns out mega negative, I go insane thinking the worst and do what my therapist calls 'mind reading', i.e. I think he's thinking certain things when he isn't and if I don't actually say anything it just grows.

I mainly keep this stuff to myself as I'm aware it's all nonsense and I feel telling him for the umpteenth time the same crap served on a bad saltine cracker just makes it worse than I've already made it.

Comment

*HUGS* Everyone has stressful days, you're not the only one. When I have my days, I over analyze everything possible! And my boyfriend knows not to bother me But just breath and tomorrow will be better

Comment

Venting is sooooo good!

Comment

I over analyse all the time especially when having an off day! My SO is so laid back though and just stresses me out more lol even when trying to be supportive...well suppose i should be grateful he is there whenever i need to rant!

Comment

I overanalyze and second guess EVERYTHING....which is a main reason to the argueing that Amanda and I do. Especially with the issue we've been having (wrote a post about it). Its not a very good thing that I do because all it does is hurt our relationship, and im trying to stop but sometimes I just cant help it. There really isnt anything I do to deal with it, because if there was, I obviously wouldnt have the problem lol
                My <3 is in Connecticut

Comment

I over-analyze things all the time. My SO will say something, and I read a lot more into than there really is. He gets so frustrated with me for assuming things. It's really called mind reading, like LadyMarchHare says. I'm working on it though. I ask him questions to find out if my thoughts are accurate. It saves us quite a bit of fighting and helps me to understand him better.

Comment

thank you guys for sharing each of your stories for me....I LOVE THIS SITE! I just want this day over.
                    NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Aww, Well, technically, it's almost over, Karringtyn =P

Anyway, I do the same thing ALL the time. Every time Luke sets his status on Facebook to something or he seems the least bit bothered and won't tell me, I automatically start assuming and overanalyzing the situation. He knows I do this and he hates the fact that I do it, but he's patient enough to tell me that I'm being paranoid. I do admit that me overanalyzing the situatuion comes from my paranoia that he'll leave me, but I'm starting to get better at it, Slowly..

Comment

Awwwww Luce, I know how you're feeling! I think we all have those days and when we do we take everything that's said out of context and play it in our minds until it's completely twisted and we freak out about it when in fact it was nothing in the first place!

I do that sometimes and Andy doesn't like it lol.

As far as the money thing goes - YOU CAN DO IT! I had a very rough patch last spring when I lost my job and still had to pay my mortgage and bills with an inexistent income... I really thought I wouldn't survive at one point.

But I stuck it out and am back to work now and even though I'm by no means wealthy I'm managing just fine and try not to stress about things too much, I'm just grateful I have a job and I'm healthy.

You'll be just fine, try to rest as much as you can to get rid of the cold, once you're back to normal everything will feel fine again!

Comment

Working...
                        X