Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5yrs together to an LDR Newbie

Good day everyone,

My name is Karikoh, 25 years old. My bf is Arwin, 27 years old.

We met in 2010 and have been together since.

We went through lots of situations, happy, sad, tragic and awesome moments that couldn't have been great if we weren't with each other.

Through our 5 years we have learned so much about each other, but a tragic change in his family was hard for him to cope with and I've tried to guide him through it.
    Now he has made up his mind that he needs to find himself and figure out how can he move forward in life: find the job he wants to do, where to live and with who.

I remember both us admitting that we would not be good at LDRs, but we just love each other so much that if LDR is our only way to grow as individuals but stay as a couple, then so be it.
    Right now we seem to agree that we want to stay together and push through this and visit each other until we are both ready to be physically together again under one roof.

I have seen people make it through wider distances and longer times apart, but I need people to tell me that YES! it is and I am proof that you can!
    Any advice on how to start or where to start? is there a way to prepare ourselves to ease the pain of separation?

P.S. I overthink and I believe that might lead to a problem later on. Any advice on that?
Working...
X