So much waiting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So much waiting!

I'm not really looking for advice, just venting. I've had this trip to Europe planned out for 36 weeks, and there's only 18 weeks to go but it seems sooooooo looooooooooooooong! It's like I had small milestones and victories through most of the time that's passed (my passport arriving, purchasing a travel ins insurance plan and finally booking my flight) but now since there's nothing to do except pack and maybe look around for things that I'd like to do (even though I've already stared at Google maps and Travelocity hundreds of times) I just don't know what to do besides go about my humdrum days until it's time to board that plane. I'd opt for downing a few bottles of nyquill and sleeping until it's time to go. No, I'm not going to do that because the bills won't pay themselves! I don't even know what I'm looking for here like I said, just venting so I don't end up driving my boyfriend crazy by being overly clingy and whiny that it's not time yet. Idk, maybe someone can empathise? I'm also worried that it might be a whole year again before we see each other after this trip. He says it won't but I know he's not made of money and trios between America and Norway are expensive. Sorry if this is rambly. Mregh.

You'll get there. We've all felt like that at some point. I'm sure it'll be a great trip.

Comment

Stay as busy as possible.
      CLOSED THE DISTANCE FINALLY ON MAY 6, 2017

Comment

It is hard. I have 24 days until departure for my trip to New Zealand (!). It has been 154 days since I have seen my guy. It has been really hard at times. I have a really full life otherwise, though. I have two teenagers (one away at university) and a very demanding job, a dog, a house, garden etc. I have filled the hours with exercising. The holidays and other major events during our time apart have sped things along. Time, and the perception of its passage, is a funny thing!

Comment

It's like watching the clock before home time in high school lol. It sucks.

Comment

Waiting is definitely hard. It feels like all you do is wait at times. Wait until it's time to go. Wait for that sad day when you have to say goodbye. Wait for the next time you come back. It's hard. All you can really do is keep yourself busy. Start looking for some new hobbies, maybe? That helps me get through it. I started crocheting, and reading. In the spring I plan on busting out my camera again and start working towards that old dream I had of becoming a photographer. Just find things you love that will help you pass the time. You'll get there!
            ~~~ ~~~

First Met Online: March 13, 2014
            Relationship Began: November 23, 2014
            First Met In Person: June 10-24, 2015
            Second Visit: December 16- January 6, 2015/2016
            Closed The Distance: June 26, 2016
            Got Engaged: February 1, 2018

Comment

Perhaps use your time to do something. I used the time before my first trip to him to write him a book.
              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Thanks for the moral support guys! It's not that I'm not busy really... I work full time, I play games, I draw (he's actually been my muse lately, giving me all kinds of ideas on things to draw!), watch stuff etc. So it's not like I'm just sitting around moping. I just wish I could turn down the hype a bit or something. Well, maybe not turn down the hype... It just occupies every bit of free space in my brain!

Comment

Working...
                X