[Rant] I HATE HATE HATE his parents!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Rant] I HATE HATE HATE his parents!!!!

My SO's parents have been little bitches since Day 1, and this was 2 years ago.

His parents (are divorced, step parents are just as bad) are emotionally, financially, and sometimes physically abusive. His Stepdad is a drunk, his mom is a gambling bipolar, his dad is a mental neglectful loser who is putting this golddigger skank he pretended to marry and HER kids before his own kids. They've been bagging on and ruining their children's lives for years, and guess what happens when I enter the picture?

At first I was called a devil worshipper and used black magic to lure my SO to me, then it was a 40 year old pedophile. I've been called a transvestite by his cousin (whom I have never met) a skank whore who sleeps with every guy and has tons of diseases. His stepdad keeps calling me an incest child. and so on, I can't remember all of them.

My SO called my number while his mom was talking to him so I could eavesdrop on the conversation. It was mostly about how he is wasting his life on me and that he is young and needs to be with more people and how its probably not true love. (or something)
    I usually don't get offended by what his family says about me, I see it as more of a compliment, I didn't know I was that big of a deal to them to keep bagging on me... but what I heard during the conversation really punched me in the gut..

I heard his mom say (something like) "You need to date more girls. Just cheat on her! she'll never know"

......my mouth dropped, my eyes widened...and I started breathing harder... what the hell... I wanted to die.. right there.. I wanted to just give up this relationship (of course I only thought that for like 5 seconds)... I know its just a few monthes until he turns 18 and he can leave his family and be with me... but I think this was the first them they said something that hurt me...

I am so sorry to hear that you are going thru this difficulties, and that your poor SO has to live in this circumstances. The only thing now is to endure it, soon he can move away and start his live as he wants to.

Comment

Well, the good news is they're not your family, therefore you're not obligated to have any interaction whatsoever if you so choose. Bad news is they're his family and for right now he has to deal with their snarky, less-than-lovely comments but once he's out the house, he can remove them from his life or just limit contact as he sees fit. My suggestion is complete informal disowning as they sound seriously unhealthy as a whole and blood relations and sharing DNA or marriage license that makes them pseudo-kin does not null the fact that if they're bastards, they're bastards.

That one comment though, wow. I'm gonna nominate your SO for Sainthood for not breaking that woman's nose through the phone (I assume it was a phone convo anyway) for that. I know if my SO's mom had said that he'd have thrown her in to oncoming traffic and thrown her back out if she got to the shoulder unharmed.

Comment

I am so sorry to hear that. Try not to take it personally. Take a deep breath, as long as he loves you everything will be okay. *hugs*

Comment

OMG! I am soooo glad to find someone else in a similar situation!!!
          We were in a CDR for 4 1/2 years and so far we have been in a LDR for 3 months.
          She has NEVER supported us!!!
          While I could go on forever, here are some of the "highlights" of her attitudes over the last nearly 5 years...
          -"If you ever fall pregnant, you will be getting an abortion" (Said to me when I was maybe 18? Five minutes later we told her that one of Adam's 21 year old friend had knocked up his 15 year old girlfriend,she was estatic and wanted to call to congratulate him!)
          -"If the move doesn't break them up, hopefully the distance will"
          -"When you move Adam, you have to take all of the stuff we gave you, we don't want you leaving any of it behind"
          -"I am only going to pay for your moving costs if Casey doesn't go"
          -Monitors my facebook and uses any of my statuses against Adam in any argument they have" - I have just learnt how to block from seeing new statuses, without deleting her
          -Has said several times that I am "taking Adam away from her"

hmm I could go on but I'll just get too annoyed...

Comment

Oh man, I can't believe she said that, Jesus Christ.

You just have to try to pay ZERO attention to what these people say and think. It's what your SO says and thinks which is important and he clearly thinks a lot of you. I wish he was 18 already, it's terrible you have to go through this
            In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
            Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
            Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
            My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Sadly some parents aren't really aware of the fact, that they really act like assholes. My mother-in-law aka my SOs mother is for example a really impulsive and aggressive woman who lets her aggressions out on others, if she has stress. Well, and i was one of her victims in that case. She always talks weird things about me and sometimes i just have the feeling she waits that the relationship ends. Meh, the things i can still remember are the ones, she said to my SO. I don't want to mention them now, but i still could blow up like a rocket. I couldn't believe what she said, till my SO told me she doesn't really mean it. I am still mad at her because of that, but i learned to ignore all those things, as long as it doesn't affect the relationship. (On the beginning it did affect it)

So my advice is: How hard the words may be... and how annoying this parents may are... don't listen to them and don't waste your time with that, because they are simply not worth it. Someday you will live together with him and then YOU are his new family anyway. Keep your head up.

Comment

Working...
              X