SO fed up with my family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SO fed up with my family

So from my previous i talked about hiding my SO from friends and family and now my close friends know about him and my family except my parents know the existence of him…i planned to make him meet my mum first but everytime theres something happened like us fighting, or mum not at home or me studying at different states. The reason why i haven't yet told them about my SO is my dad(conservative asian parent) asked my sis 'she's not into online dating right?' And he once talked about my sis' friend who met her husband through online. He doesn't happy and agree with it. So i told this to my SO before and he said he understand. and now we have arguments about this. He said i should tell them and not be afraid. I admit im afraid of losing him and my parents being angry at me. I told my friends my siblings and planning to make him meet my mom first. I want to tell my family especially my dad about him after we meet up. But SO seems like angry with me and saying he never want to meet them… i dont know what should i do...he almost broke up with me few days ago and now our conversations are all about this matter.

It might be a good idea to plan that first meeting asap.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Unfortunately, you've really put yourself between a rock and a hard place here. You've lied by omission to parents and made your SO feel insignificant due to hiding him. Secrets never work out well, no matter the best intentions or reasons behind them. You've been with your SO just under a year. How well do you think it's really going to go when you tell your parents and then you tell them how long you've been hiding it? Especially if they find out because someone who know slips up and says something.

You are going to have to decide what is more important to you. Potentially having your parents disappointed and upset for awhile or possibly losing your SO over this.
      To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

I agree with R&R. He is probably hurt because you have been lying...... Can you Skype and have them meet up??

Comment

Agreed with R&R too. Honestly, without being horrible, what did you expect his reaction/their reactions to be? It's better to come out sooner rather than later with the truth, even if it annoys them. Better you be honest sooner rather than later, because later just makes it all the worse.

Comment

So i tried and also wanted to change the relationship status on fb so everyone of my family would know. But he didn't want to do it anymore. He said he's upset but didnt want to make a chance and choose to be upset. I dont know what i can do now. I tried lots of way but he just choose to be upset

Comment

Working...
            X