Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the distance stopping us from getting closer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TaraMarie View Post
    Spot on, R&R. Regardless of how often, or not as often, we get to be with out SO's the common thread here is that we ALL have the exact same feelings, even regardless of our ages or the length of time we've been in a relationship. It's one of the things I found most relieving when I first found this forum. To know I wasn't nuts, or overreacting, or a stalker, was freeing! Lol. Good luck, teacher fairy, and welcome to LFAD!
    Thanks Taramarie. Thank goodness it isn't just me then.

The difference is that this guy isn't exactly my SO yet. I'm currently trying to find the right balance between telling him how I feel and not pushing him away.

Comment

I was completely wrong. Just had a really open conversation with him. I need to find a way to manage my anxiety about it all. How do you guys manage it?! x

Comment

Originally posted by Teacherfairy View Post
        I was completely wrong. Just had a really open conversation with him. I need to find a way to manage my anxiety about it all. How do you guys manage it?! x
        In what way were you wrong?
        To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Feeling like he was pulling away. Id made an alternative suggestion about when we could meet up. I thought he was acting distant and got it stuck in my head that he'd lost interest. He'd replied just saying 'can we talk later' and I was convinced he was going to end it.

He rang me tonight but it was just to talk through whether he should come home or I should go out there and how we were going to fund it. And we've made a plan. Seeing him in a few weeks so will hopefully be able to talk things through properly.

Comment

I feel like I'm over thinking everything and coming up with the first negative conclusion/ always thinking the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by Teacherfairy View Post
              I feel like I'm over thinking everything and coming up with the first negative conclusion/ always thinking the worst.
              I do too, and you're not the only one on here who's like it. Not by a long shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Honour View Post
                I do too, and you're not the only one on here who's like it. Not by a long shot.
                This makes me feel a lot better! I'm so glad I found this forum!

Comment

Working...
                X