This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Postal Freaking Nightmare!

So my boyfriend went to the postal office recently to send off my V-Day box on Thrusday. So by Friday it should have been here. So by Friday evening it was'nt here, so I called the post office where he sent it out off & its final destination was'nt mine. So my boyfriend gave them my address here in Texas at the counter & some way or another the clerk put some address in there that doesn't even exist. He got the zip code wrong by one number, but everything else was correct. The Postal Worker put the wrong address in th system. So luckily I was able to intercept it, and im hoping it get to my post office soon. I intercepted it last night and the post office people said when it reached the sorting facility, they should be alerted of the interception and it should be on its way to Texas. All I can say is im beyond pissed that my v-day package is'nt here and that I have to pay 12.55 or more once it is actually intercepted to me, even though it should have been here in Texas in the first place.

Has anything like this ever happened to any of you?
    Any postal nightmares?

I just hope my package gets to me asap since its now delayed. Im so skeptical of the post office now.
    CLOSED THE DISTANCE FINALLY ON MAY 6, 2017

Wow...if the wrong barcode is on box not much chance of it getting to you. I hope the destination PO can reroute it. Maybe contact post master at that other local office?
    They don't read the written address in big sorting facilities...the barcode is scanned to determine delivery.

Comment

The local Post Office said they would scan it in & there would an alert of the interception & from there it should come to Texas. They scan every arrival & departure in order for you to track it. I really hope it makes it here. Its all cause they put the wrong address destination in the system.. How IDK.

Comment

chill, it's not v-day yet

Comment

Fingers crossed xx....human error...gggrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by pizza_heart View Post
            chill, it's not v-day yet
            Easier said then done when it may or may not even come. So no there's no chilling out for me at this point.

Comment

I've had things get lost in the mail before. The post office is massive and with humans working there, well there are bound to be mistakes. We've all made errors in our job. Is it good? No. Does it suck when something doesn't arrive on time or at all? Sure does. If I'm sending anything of value I pay extra for the tracking or use Fed Ex or UPS.

IMHO opinion, I think being skeptical of the post office is a bit of an extreme response. Think of all the things you've mailed or had mailed to you over the course of your life. If this is the first mistake made, they have a damn good track record. (No I don't work for the Post Office.) I understand it's really hard when it's something you really are looking forward to There are still 6 mailing days before Valentine's Day for them to get it to you. Give them a chance to fix the mistake. And when you pick it up, if they try to charge you, explain the situation and by what's on the package, you should be able to show them it was their error.
              Last edited by R&R; February 6, 2016, 12:38 PM.
              To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Luckily the closest to this we've had is my sister's fiance accdentally ending our address in 5 instead of 2, and then catching it afterwards.
                Met the guys down the street with that address and told them if they get a weird box it's that. They're very nice people.
                Met: Apr 2013
                Mutual interest: July 2013
                Relationship Began: November 6 2013
                First Visit (Her to Me): July 4 2014
                Second Visit (Me to Her): Jan/Feb 2015 Postponed due to sister having baby
                Second Visit! (Her to Me again): June 16 2015 - July 4 2015
                Engaged: June 29 2015 <3
                Third Visit: (Her to me, working on it) January 19 2016 - February 2 2016

Comment

Yes my daughters little white dog that she's had since she was a baby... it might come next week but I'm concerned.. My SO sent it out over 2 weeks ago now. If that got lost in the mail there will be dia consequences...
                  Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
                  All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by Ella85 View Post
                    Yes my daughters little white dog that she's had since she was a baby... it might come next week but I'm concerned.. My SO sent it out over 2 weeks ago now. If that got lost in the mail there will be dia consequences...
                    I hope her dog comes soon.

Comment

V day is a week away yet. I'm sure it will get there in time. I only posted my SO card on Friday and it's got to get across the Atlantic Ocean, it should still get there in time.

I have found US postal service to be pretty good actually. Way way better than the UK's Royal Mail and the the utterly delightful Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs who charged me £30 for the privilege of receiving my Christmas present from my SO. And that is just the way it is yet.

If I were you I would try and chill a little. It's not Valentine's Day yet, focus on something else because getting this worked up about something that is totally beyond your control is not good for you. LDR are full of this types of challenges. You need to learn to shake them off otherwise you're going to be very miserable.

Comment

UPDATE: so the package interception worked and my page is in Texas, now i'm just waiting on it to get here today or hopefully tommorrow sometime at my post office.

Comment

I posted my SO's present on the 23rd January and it still hasn't arrived and I've got to admit i'm a little bit worried. All postal systems can be a bit rubbish at times, but i've got to agree US postal system is sort of decent, i think everything is better than royal mail and the customs in the UK lol
                          my girls <3

Josie (SO)
                          Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
                          Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
                          Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
                          Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
                          Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
                          Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
                          Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
                          All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

to loveyoumore ...glad your package is heading to you!

Comment

Just an update: my package finally got to her on monday so yayyyy, her present for me is due to arrive tomorrow so hopefully we should be all good for opening our presents together on saturday :3
                              my girls <3

Josie (SO)
                              Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
                              Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
                              Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
                              Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
                              Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
                              Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
                              Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
                              All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

Working...
                              X