How to tell your parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to tell your parents

Hello I'm Joey I live in California and I have a ldr with my girlfriend who lives in new York I never met her in person we met online we have been dating off and on for over a yr now and I want to tell my dad about her but I have no idea how or how he will react I'm pretty close to him but not that close and I want to tell him so that I would hopefully be able to go see her for her birthday (august 1)I want to tell him as soon as possible so he can like talk to her and like meet her parents on Skype or something but I don't even know if he would let me go down there if you guys have any helpful tips or if you can tell me how your parents reacted when you told them I would lI've to hear it thank you

What kinda person is your dad? Openminded, or more conservative? Do you have any real reason to believe he will react negatively?

~
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle
    The hands of the many must join as one
    And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Dropping hints into conversations, slow introductions, using her name little and often works. "So there's this person I want you to meet..."

Then maybe play the friends card. "We're really good friends, I love talking to her, she's a great laugh, we get on well..." etc.

Annnd then play your next card. "Dad, we're hitting it off really well, she said she wants to meet me and I definitely want to meet her, do you think it's possible?"

That's how my dad found out, with my mum's help.

Comment

Working...
      X