Unsure if it's worth it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unsure if it's worth it

I am 38, my SO is 42. Met online in Oct. Got off very well. Great conversation - daily. I went to visit him for NYE, for just 2 days. Prior to my arrival, he communicated he had a few commitments, but he would make time for me. We did spend lots of time together, with the exception of NYE night. He told me he had to work 4 events....the afternoon of NYE. That didn't sit well with me. Nevertheless, the next day we took a short road trip. That was fine. He did not introduce me to anyone while I was there. He doesn't even tell me who his friends are now, 4 months later. A week or two ago, he asked me not to comment on his pictures on his social media pages. Having experienced cheating before, this also did not sit well with me. I fully support and desire people not to be in my business or relationship, but I also don't expect to be a secret. Valentine's day he sent 1 text mid-morning with an emoji. He's not into holidays, but I did send him an ecard. Needless to say, we had an argument Valentine's evening. He felt as though it was no big deal to not call or send a text or an email or nothing. While it is only 1 day, the other days I'm not feeling loved...until I get upset. No, he has not made plans to come see me. While I do have a bit more income in comparison to him, he hasn't even mentioned trying. I will say he has said if things progress he would move here. Roundtrip flights are $150 or less. The drive is 12 hours one way.

We do communicate. Well, I communicate frequently and very openly. If we were in the same city, it would be so much easier to deal. How can I know if this is worth the effort and frustration??

Maybe I already know my answer and am just looking to vent.

I think you probably do know your answer. Two questions to think about though:

1) If you were close distance (same town or close by), would you be okay with this behavior? Like, not meeting friends, etc.
    2) If a friend came to you with this situation,what would your advice be?
    Last edited by R&R; February 15, 2016, 04:00 PM.
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

I agree with R&R this is very good advice. Sometimes we do really have the answer within us but don't want to take it. It's hard when it's you that needs the advice. All of the things you have said about not commenting on his pictures send flags to me. As for the friend thing, well my SO didn't introduce me to friends, but did introduce me to family on my first trip. It wasn't until I was there over the summer I got to meet his close friends and his sister. If you were only there for 2 days that wouldn't of bothered me personally. It's the other behavior that would. My SO also doesn't do valentines, he knows I do. He still spent time with me.
        Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
        All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Working...
          X