New Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Plan

So I've been here with my SO for a few weeks now and everything has been going great. However, being here has made me realize that I do not want to do long distance anymore. With everything going on in my life, it's really hard being apart. We were fighting all the time on Facetime and getting bored. I talked to my SO and we're coming up with a new plan.

Instead of me coming down on a Work and Holiday visa, we're going to go to Canada. Since he is unable to come to the states, we think it will be a lot easier for us to go there. Even if I had to come home and he had to stay in Canada, he would only be a 4 hour plane ride away instead of 14 hours. I would fly home and then drive up to Canada and he would fly up, that way we would have a form of transportation. I'm kind of looking for advice on the work aspect there and how difficult it would be to get work. My SO also has family that has lived there, so they're helping us plan too.

We have been talking about engagement and marriage (yes I'm young, but I've been with my SO for about 4 1/2 years so we know each other and our habits pretty well) as an option for us to be together in his country, but he kind of wants to wait. I'm not saying I'll give up on my relationship if we have to do long distance, I'm just saying it's getting really hard and we're looking into different options for us.

Any advice or comments would be great, thanks! xx

I can't give advice seeing I'm in the same country as my SO. But all I can say is good luck. Wil your SO be able to find work there? How are is family with this? Hope they're supporting you.

Comment

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/index.asp
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I have no idea about the topic but best of luck to you!

Comment

Originally posted by Redheart14 View Post
          I can't give advice seeing I'm in the same country as my SO. But all I can say is good luck. Wil your SO be able to find work there? How are is family with this? Hope they're supporting you.
          Yes, he'll be able to work. He's going to finish his diploma and that will help him get work there. His parents really haven't said much about it or really expressed their support (I've noticed they don't openly show their support with his decisions) But they haven't really said anything negative about it which is a good sign because they will speak up if they don't agree with things.

Comment

Originally posted by C.C. View Post
            I have no idea about the topic but best of luck to you!
            Thank you! xx

Comment

What area of Canada are you thinking of moving to? Cost of living is enormous on the west coast and jobs may be hard to find on the east coast- that's the only advice I can think of to pass along I'm glad you feel excited and hopeful about the new plan!

Comment

Working...
              X