Away for a week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Away for a week

So my guy is going to be away for about a week without use of his phone or internet. What should I do to prevent myself from going nuts?

You can write him a quick email every day to tell him how your day was, that you miss him, etc.

But really, use this time to focus and indulge on YOU! Grab dinner at that place you've been wanting to go. Take that long bubble bath. Visit the art gallery. Read that book. Cook that meal or dessert that you didn't want to because it would take forever but now you can. Plan a date with a friend. Go see the movie that caught your eye. There are so many things that you may find a week may not be enough. Have fun and enjoy!!
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Originally posted by R&R View Post
      You can write him a quick email every day to tell him how your day was, that you miss him, etc.

But really, use this time to focus and indulge on YOU! Grab dinner at that place you've been wanting to go. Take that long bubble bath. Visit the art gallery. Read that book. Cook that meal or dessert that you didn't want to because it would take forever but now you can. Plan a date with a friend. Go see the movie that caught your eye. There are so many things that you may find a week may not be enough. Have fun and enjoy!!
      This says it all, I agree completely!

Comment

Originally posted by R&R View Post

I vehemently disagree, with writing him daily. Because, That would be just like calling him, daily. Since it wasn't something pre-arranged.

But, I definitely agree with all your other ideas of how the OP can occupy their time.

First Visit: September 2016
        Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
        Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
        For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
        John 4:12
        I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris516 View Post
          I vehemently disagree, with writing him daily. Because, That would be just like calling him, daily. Since it wasn't something pre-arranged.

But, I definitely agree with all your other ideas of how the OP can occupy their time.
          So you have to prearrange phone calls or emails with your SO? Seriously? LOL She's going to miss him so writing to him might make her at least feel somewhat connected. She's worried about "going nuts" so this may help her relieve some of that anxiety. She doesn't need to write a novel.
          To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Writing is not like calling, no. A quick note saying hi and telling their SO about their day isn't like a clingy phonecall or something, jesus christ. With a mail, the recipient can read it and reply or not reply at their leisure.

~
            It'll take a lot more than words and guns
            A whole lot more than riches and muscle
            The hands of the many must join as one
            And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Hello and welcome!
              I have to ask, why would you go nuts? What are you afraid of?

Best regards!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris516 View Post

She should write everyday if it makes her feel better. Maybe they do talk everyday. My so and I call each other at least once a day. It's about communication. And he won't have internet there so.......

Comment

Working...
                X