New to LDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to LDR

Hi everyone! I am new to this website and also new to LDR. I met my SO in person a week and a half ago and we are meeting up this week again for one night. Lucky for me he only lives about 300 miles away. I am just having a hard time because I feel like I'm to boring for him, when we first started talking we talked for hours on the phone and txt all day, and now we talk on the phone for a few minutes here and there and txt way less. I've told him I am afraid I'm to boring for him and he says that I'm fine I just worry. I hope I'm making sense to some of you. Any ideas on what we should talk about or things to keep it more interesting between visits? We both talk about work a lot and I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. We are hoping to at least be able to see each other every few weeks. Any input would be great! Thanks in advance!

Welcome to LFAD ECCurrier

It's lovely to hear that you're able to find a way to cross the distance and meet each other occasionally.

I don't think you should worry, especially if he's saying you're fine. You've only been dating a short time, so you haven't gone through the ups and downs of contact that a lot of us experience. Yes, you want to talk lots and lots, but life can get in the way of that; last week my gf and I videochatted for three days in a row and then she had to go to bed early due to things she had to do in real life, so we didn't for a few days. You might be messaging less because you're both busier and likewise it's not about the amount of time you phone or the number of texts you send, but the quality of those.

As well, on the non-forum part of LAD there are sections on activities for LFAD couples to do, as well as 1000 questions for you to ask each other. Look at those if you're ever stuck for ideas https://lovingfromadistance.com/thin...uplestodo.html

Comment

Originally posted by ECCurrier View Post
      Hi everyone! I am new to this website and also new to LDR. I met my SO in person a week and a half ago and we are meeting up this week again for one night. Lucky for me he only lives about 300 miles away. I am just having a hard time because I feel like I'm to boring for him, when we first started talking we talked for hours on the phone and txt all day, and now we talk on the phone for a few minutes here and there and txt way less. I've told him I am afraid I'm to boring for him and he says that I'm fine I just worry. I hope I'm making sense to some of you. Any ideas on what we should talk about or things to keep it more interesting between visits? We both talk about work a lot and I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. We are hoping to at least be able to see each other every few weeks. Any input would be great! Thanks in advance!
      Stop trying to imitate me, lol

I live over 2,500mi. from the 'woman of interest'. She doesn't say much on the phone. Unless I 'seek information'. Like you feel boring to him. I felt like I was boring to her. That was, until I asked her. She said it wasn't me. She just doesn't know what to say. I ask her, how she is doing, about the weather, her cat. Those are just a few things. I need to broaden my questions, too.

First Visit: September 2016
      Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
      Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
      For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
      John 4:12
      I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Originally posted by ECCurrier View Post
        Stop trying to imitate me, lol

I live over 2,500mi. from the 'woman of interest'. She doesn't say much on the phone. Unless I 'seek information'. Like you feel boring to him. I felt like I was boring to her. That was, until I asked her. She said it wasn't me. She just doesn't know what to say. I ask her, how she is doing, about the weather, her cat. Those are just a few things. I need to broaden my questions, too.

First Visit: September 2016
        Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
        Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
        For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
        John 4:12
        I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Thanks for your support everyone I feel like I'm just over thinking things. We were able to meet up this past Thursday-Sunday (it was supposed to only be overnight but plans changed) and everything was great! I think part of the problem is neither one of us is very talkative on the phone. We are doing better now but saying goodbye is getting harder each time.

Comment

Working...
          X