How to cope with stress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to cope with stress?

Wow, it seems like forever since I've asked for advice on the site xD I still enjoy it, I just never have anything to ask about. Well, until tonight that is.

Last weekend, my SO and I had the most marvelous Sunday evening we've had in ages. It was all so very lovely and for once in our relationship, we felt together. During the night, the Internet in his dorms kept dropping and he had to have a great deal of quietness and noisy roommates. It was about 2am his time before we actually got to cam, and it wasn't even for very long since his Internet dropped.

The reason I say this is a believe this is what had him so stressed out over the recent week. On Facebook, he kept going on and on about things he hated and it had the feeling of being out-of-character for him. I wanted to badly to be able to at least talk to him and make his days better but, alas, we're both students and the time zones make it unbelievable hard to do so. Just tonight, I translated one of his statuses and he said he wanted nothing to do with the Internet and more ranty and angsty things. One of them being relationships and I know this could not just include me but his friends. It makes me feel a little hurt, but at the same time it's more or less do to overall stress and frustration with his Internet. I just feel so hopeless because I can't talk to him about because of, well, his Internet problem. And even if I wanted to call him, I can't since he lost his phone.

...I don't even think it's a question anymore. Maybe just me venting. Which is fine..right? I just hope all will be well when his Internet starts behaving, I hope so much. ...can anyone relate to the not being able to do anything because of either communication issues (not typical ones, but like literally communication issues) or full blown frustration?
    Me: I hope that pizza gets here soon. My stomach is growling.
    Growling at you.
    Grrr.

Muffin: *pokes stomach* ^=^

Me: *stomach growls*
    I don't think it likes you very much.

Muffin: *pokes stomach* Hehe

Me: You're provoking it as it growls more. I think it'll like you more if you give it pizza.

I can. My bf was in the hospital for a couple of days, and he was not up to talking..he is still not quite the same way it has been..and it has really scared me and made me feel REALLY insecure about our relationship and about how he really truely feels about me.

Stress can cause you to do a lot of stupid things, say things you don't mean. So try to remember that when you are talking to him or feeling sad. When I finally was able to talk to my bf..i mean really have a strong talk with him about how it was for me when he was in the hospital, I found that that it was just as hard for him, and that he was scared I would walk away.

well idk if that really relates or not, or gives you anything you were looking for, just remember that sometimes things get in the way and it gets frustrating, but you love him, and he loves you..and what doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger

Comment

Working...
    X