No announcement yet.

Met her, don't know what to do next with the relationship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Um. Being someone who's Asian and from the US (I'm part of the first generation American born Chinese in my family), I'm just going to let you know right now that there's a stereotype, and assumption, here that Asian males are very submissive. Judging from her actions, and how she's very controlling and physically abusive and you let her do these things to you, it looks like she's taken that stereotype to heart and is ordering you around.

Please get out of this relationship and leave this girl. This is extremely unhealthy and you should not take what she does to you. Yes, she might "love" you, but think about it this way...if someone really loved you, why would they get mad at you for the stupidest things? Why would she hurt you physically, and hard enough to leave you bruised badly?

If this were your friend, or maybe sister, or family member, and they were dating someone who did these things to the person you care about, what would you say? What would you think about their SO?

Comment

I have to agree with everyone else.
      I have this friend from High School who I still talk to for the sake of nostalgia, and all her meds made her the type to do exactly that. Force me into doing whatever she wanted or else I got poked till it hurt or literally chewed on. It was pain all the time, but High School me had no friends so I put up with it.
      To this day she still expects me to drop everything and solve all her problems the fricking SECOND she gets bored. I've tried explaining how I won't do that for a 25 year old. I live half a country away now too. Jeez
      Met: Apr 2013
      Mutual interest: July 2013
      Relationship Began: November 6 2013
      First Visit (Her to Me): July 4 2014
      Second Visit (Me to Her): Jan/Feb 2015 Postponed due to sister having baby
      Second Visit! (Her to Me again): June 16 2015 - July 4 2015
      Engaged: June 29 2015 <3
      Third Visit: (Her to me, working on it) January 19 2016 - February 2 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Chris516 View Post
        I did read the part about the abuse!!!!

My (ex)fiance(2002-2007) was emotionally abusive!!!!! To the point of 'diagnosing' me with thirteen different mental and physical health issues. When she isn't even a mental health clinician. Adding to that, she almost got me arrested by lying to the cops.

I was not ignoring what she did to him. But tried to empower him. Telling him to run does not empower him. It will only be 'quick fix'.
        Lol we must have the same ex
        Met: Apr 2013
        Mutual interest: July 2013
        Relationship Began: November 6 2013
        First Visit (Her to Me): July 4 2014
        Second Visit (Me to Her): Jan/Feb 2015 Postponed due to sister having baby
        Second Visit! (Her to Me again): June 16 2015 - July 4 2015
        Engaged: June 29 2015 <3
        Third Visit: (Her to me, working on it) January 19 2016 - February 2 2016

Comment

Working...
        X