LDR with best friend but feeling blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDR with best friend but feeling blue

Good afternoon everyone. A bit of back history. Me and my SO have been best friends for 8 years. I'm a Canadian and he's American. I use to live in the states and carried a green card. I came back home for family issues and let the status go. We've always been each other's rocks through out the years. Had different relationships. I have a four year old son. The past year we admitted feelings and now are dating and happier than ever. We've visited both places. Met each other's family. I'm wanting to move back to the states with my son. (His biological father is not in the picture at all so I know I'd have to initiate court) is this even possible? He's talked of moving here, but I know he loves where he is and I would too. He's currently going through the military and had an injury so we're dealing with that on top of everything. Sometimes I just get so blue.....I love him and will stay on board no matter what. It just makes it hard to have an end date with the mil injury. And knowing the proper paperwork with a child. Any advice? Is our situation possible? How do you battle the blues? Thank you in advance

Originally posted by Aylab_628 View Post
    Good afternoon everyone. A bit of back history. Me and my SO have been best friends for 8 years. I'm a Canadian and he's American. I use to live in the states and carried a green card. I came back home for family issues and let the status go. We've always been each other's rocks through out the years. Had different relationships. I have a four year old son. The past year we admitted feelings and now are dating and happier than ever. We've visited both places. Met each other's family. I'm wanting to move back to the states with my son. (His biological father is not in the picture at all so I know I'd have to initiate court) is this even possible? He's talked of moving here, but I know he loves where he is and I would too. He's currently going through the military and had an injury so we're dealing with that on top of everything. Sometimes I just get so blue.....I love him and will stay on board no matter what. It just makes it hard to have an end date with the mil injury. And knowing the proper paperwork with a child. Any advice? Is our situation possible? How do you battle the blues? Thank you in advance
    1. He needs a medical discharge from the military.

2. It would be better for him to travel there, on a visa for the time being. Because you have your son to think about. A female friend of mine who lives in Chilliwack, BC. Had a relationship with a guy in 2005, who is a fire chief in a small town in New York. It started out as online, and progressed to her going to spend the summer with him. It only lasted to the end of the summer. But when she left at the end of the summer. The border patrol, wouldn't let her back into Canada. She was practically crying her eyes' out at the border. She had to call her mother who lived near the border, to come vouch for her.

Border guards post-9/11 are as bad as the TSA at the airports.

First Visit: September 2016
    Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
    Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
    John 4:12
    I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

That is great if you do not have to worry about the child's father. If there's no emotional relationship then there's no reason for you not to travel over. It would be a good idea to meet both sides and see which one works better for you all.

I cannot say if he needs a discharge or not from the military, as we have no clue what happened the extent of it etc. nor do we need to know , but yes, you do need to deal with that first...that may help you make decisions in the future. Good luck to you and your family moving forward!

Comment

Working...
      X