Visit to Honduras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visit to Honduras

Well, I had another visit to my SO in Honduras. Haven't posted recently, but the distance gets tough, so thought I'd write it out for anybody interested in a read. It's been a journey!

I flew down to San Pedro Sula, Honduras and as LDR stories seem to go, picked up where I left off with my fiance. It'd been three months since our last visit, but as you all know, talking every day gives a special connection, plus our K1 visa progress has kept us in frequent contact (fingers crossed it gets sent over to Honduras in early May). The airline initially left my baggage in Atlanta, but what did I care - here she was in front of me again!

This trip was all about meeting her family. Her mom, aunt, and grandma cooked a wonderful welcome lunch of homemade tortillas and meats when I arrived. They took us to Palm Sunday procession for Holy Week, where we walked through the streets with our palm branches following baby Jesus (a young kid in costume) riding his mule to the church. I also met her father, who lives up in a beach town, and I guess he really liked me, because he offered to let us use his beach villas for a family engagement lunch in July. We didn't expect that, since he hasn't been very present in her life, but it is a very nice gesture that we're now planning for the next visit. We also visited an old Spanish fort during this part of the stay.

For the second half of the week, my future brother-in-law took us out of the city up to the beach, where his father and uncles all worked together to purchase a complex for their vacations. Each brother has their own house, which they cram with food, beer, and up to 15 family members and friends per house. The houses all surround a pool and soccer field, which is where we spent the week having fun with the cousins. Then we returned to San Pedro Sula again for a "real date," where I took my fiance to see dinner and a movie - Batman vs Superman (I'm a lucky guy - her pick!). It was so nice being with her, living out our relationship, observing cultural differences, spending quality time together.

It's always sad boarding that plane to leave, even worse in my opinion when you're left behind, but I plan to return in July for our lunch. Who knows, if the immigration courts smile upon us, maybe I can even bring her home next visit.

I hope all's well with all of your relationships. I'm thankful to have found this site and to know that there are others out there like us.
    ** Met on OKC 6/8/15 ** 1st Visit & Engagement: 1/30/15 (San Jose, Costa Rica) ** 2nd Visit: 1/8/16 (San Pedro Sula, Honduras) ** i129f NOA1: 2/22/16 ** 3rd Visit: 3/19/16 (San Pedro Sula/Puerto Cortes, Honduras) ** i129f RFE: 5/6/16 ** NOA2 Approved 6/2/16 ** 4th Visit: 7/1/16 (Tela, Honduras) ** K1 Visa Interview Approved 7/18/16 ** K1 Visa Received 7/27/16 ** Closed The Distance: 8/16/16 ** Married 9/24/16 ** Greencard Application In progress **

Glad you had a great trip, hope it all works out. I agree, it's harder being the one left behind. Best of luck for your visa.

Comment

Working...
    X