Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American Visa for English Guy

Hey Gang,
    After 3 years my GF & I are keen to stop traveling across the Ocean to see each other. Excluding marriage and being sponsored by a company does anyone have any tips how an English chap can secure a visa for the states?
    We plan to get married but would rather do that right as a pose to Vegas simply for a visa like so many others if possible of course.
    Really appreciate any advice
    Cory

Well, would fiance visa count? I'm waiting for the k1 with my fiance, it'll probably take 4-6 months total to get her over here. Everything's completely legal this way, but there is the requirement that you have to get married within 3 months once coming over. We'll get married quick for legal purposes, then take our time to plan the actual wedding with rings, family, etc. We're doing an engagement lunch in her home country before she comes so that there's a celebration on both sides, without messing up the visa fiance requirements.

If that's too soon for marriage talk, my only other idea would be to come to the states for study on a student visa, if it makes sense for where you are in life.
    Last edited by spanglishjoe; April 8, 2016, 05:44 PM.
    ** Met on OKC 6/8/15 ** 1st Visit & Engagement: 1/30/15 (San Jose, Costa Rica) ** 2nd Visit: 1/8/16 (San Pedro Sula, Honduras) ** i129f NOA1: 2/22/16 ** 3rd Visit: 3/19/16 (San Pedro Sula/Puerto Cortes, Honduras) ** i129f RFE: 5/6/16 ** NOA2 Approved 6/2/16 ** 4th Visit: 7/1/16 (Tela, Honduras) ** K1 Visa Interview Approved 7/18/16 ** K1 Visa Received 7/27/16 ** Closed The Distance: 8/16/16 ** Married 9/24/16 ** Greencard Application In progress **

Comment

Marrying for a visa is not a fake marriage. In fact I find it super romantic- you love someone so much not only are you committing to a marriage, you're also committing to financially supporting them for at least three years, going through piles of frustrating paperwork, and leaving a country. I think that's way more extraordinary than a "real marriage".

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
        Marrying for a visa is not a fake marriage. In fact I find it super romantic- you love someone so much not only are you committing to a marriage, you're also committing to financially supporting them for at least three years, going through piles of frustrating paperwork, and leaving a country. I think that's way more extraordinary than a "real marriage".
        Not saying the OP would do that. But, It is not uncommon to marry for a visa, then split once in the country.

First Visit: September 2016
        Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
        Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
        For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
        John 4:12
        I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Working...
        X