Anxiety over thinking and worries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anxiety over thinking and worries

Hey guys this is somewhat similar to my last thread and you can read that for more details it's a bit long but if you're interested or want to help please read that but for now here's the short version. Long story short I'm in an amazing relationship with pretty much my dream guy he's everything I wanted and so much more but one morning it's like I woke up with anxiety and my mind is literally over thinking everything such as am I really in love are we gonna last etc it's really stressing me out and causing me a lot of stress because I do know my feelings are true. And sometimes I just feel numb like I don't feel anything not even happiness in anything I do he's also very understanding and I opened up to him about this anxiety I've been having and he's listened and helped me a lot but know he's starting to worry and I don't want him worrying I'm not going anywhere /: these thoughts and worries seem to happen more when we argue after an argument it can be kinda awkward and are vibes are off for a day or a few and the whole time I'm like something feels off am I losing feelings ? Was this the straw that broke the camels back ? Will I ever feel normal again ? Recently it feels like the anxiety is starting to control me and I don't want that especially when me and my boyfriend have our first time meet up very soon ! Please help if you have advice also read my other thread for a more in depth version, thank you

Hey Elykyle!
    I know we are suffering from the same thing! The first time , years ago, when i was going through my first anxiety phase, i found a good way to stop the thoughts. Do something good for yourself, even if it as stupid as combing your hair. Confidence is key in relationships! It's helping me again this time round, every time i start thinking "omg is he cheating", i try to find something to do for me. Not watch an episode to keep my mind off it, something that will make me feel better. From just taking a long bath to face masks, to one of your hobbies, reading a book, if your goal is to read more books. Stuff like that. Something to remind yourself that you are awesome!

If you haven't already you should read up on anxiety. Here is a funny and nice way to see what our bodies puts us through when we are anxious, i do not like how it ends, it makes it sound so easy when its not, but it explains how our body works and why:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDVQXbNrpkU

Also i remembered where i got the idea of combing my hair. I use to suffer from OCD, so i followed the four steps. It was the first practical guide i found that really help. A lot of people just mumble out theories but never what exactly to do.

https://www.ocduk.org/four-steps

There are also 4 steps on general anxiety, but i used the OCD, even now where i am not that compulsive about it. Either way, OCD is an anxiety disorder so you can find comfort in both, whatever suits you:
    https://psychcentral.com/blog/archiv...rcome-anxiety/

Also, i will go to a psychologist, i strongly recommend you going to one too. I have delayed this for so many years,i could be fine now...

Take care and keep us posted!!

Comment

Anxiety is a nightmare it's really difficult to fight

Comment

I know Elykyle, i am probably struggling with it too still. I reached out to a psychologist, waiting to book an appointment, that makes me feel better. I also think that sitting here at home alone just thinking makes it worse. I should really do something. I write down my thoughts and save them to read them later, it helps me. You should try it!
        Try finding a psychologist, i am sure it will help!

Hang in there Elykyle, i am positive we both can make it !!

Comment

I'm positive we can as well and I'm sure the distance is a big issue as well once were together I'm sure things will be easier it's just hard to always stay positive when you have little negative voices in your head I just fear I'll feel like this forever

Comment

I feel like this too. It comes and goes in waves. If you find a good way of dealing with it let me know because I have no idea how to handle these feelings.

Comment

I think the distance plays a big role it makes things harder to see clearly but you have to tell yourself it's just your anxiety and try to work on that. I'm trying to work on my anxiety it's not easy but I'll soon conquer it

Comment

Realizing that These thoughts is just your anxiety is a big help too

Comment

Working...
                X