Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PETITION - allow joint sponsorship for non-EU to UK spouse visas

Hey everyone!

I recently found a petition that may affect some of you when it comes to closing the distance with your SO, particularly if your SO is wanting to move to the UK from a non-EU country. It definitely affects me - if my SO (who lives in the USA) moved over here to the UK, he would only be able to be sponsored financially by myself alone, whereas in a lot of other countries, joint sponsorship exists. This would allow both myself and my SO to be responsible for meeting the financial requirements needed. We'd always planned on him coming to live over here, but without this joint sponsorship in place, it more than likely won't be happening for another 5+ years or so and we've been together for almost 4 years already!

The link to the petition is here: https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/125818

Unfortunately, you can only sign it if you're in the UK which is a bit annoying, seeing as it affects plenty of people who live outside the UK too, but if anyone could sign this it would be amazing! Thank you so much in advance!

I've seen this petition on Tumblr. I remember, the UK used to have a joint sponsorship going on but they got rid of it in 2012. My husband and I are still waiting to close the distance (we both want to make a living in the UK.) He has to meet the financial requirement in order for us to be eligible for the spouse visa. He's been applying to jobs that meet the financial requirement, and a good bit over. All we can do is hope and stick with visiting each other.

Comment

Working...
    X