This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

40th Birthday Planning

Hiii guys!!! How is everyone doing? Ok... So... I need you all's input on something here, and let me just thank you in advance! So my sweetie pie turns 40 in a few weeks and I have no clue what to do! I would like to have a small party for him. The thing is that his family lives 2 1/2 hrs away, and they are in Synagogue most of the weekend (they are Jewish). Then there's the fact that he does not have any friends and he lives with a couple who I'm not exactly on the greatest of terms with. Any ideas on what I could do for a party or what I could do instead? Also, any gift ideas?
    sigpic

You double posted this. Well it seems like a party is too hard to organise given the situation of his family. So why don't you just have a mini party for the two of you. Book somewhere nice to stay, go out for a movie or nice meal just do things together. Get a cake still and celebrate together. Once you get on better terms with the people he lives with then you could always throw a belated party with his family there if possible. Some people (I don't know if your SO is included in this) don't want a big deal being made for milestone birthdays. Maybe your SO would be happy just being with you, it's showing you care and at the end of the day that's all that really matters. I'm sure whatever you do, he'll love it.

Comment

I second Redheart. It's May, it's getting warmer out, why don't you have a picnic?

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
      Married: 1/24/2015
      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Why don't you ask your SO what he would like to do to celebrate? I remember one year when I had ideas in my head for what I could do for my husbands 40th birthday. I had some great ideas, but ultimately asked him what he wanted before proceeding with any plans. Turns out, he just wanted us both to take the day off work, hang out at home, smoke a brisket, and chill out together. We did just that, and he proclaimed it the best birthday he ever had. It was also the last birthday he ever had, because he died 7 months later.

Your SO's birthday isn't about what you want. It's about what he would like. ask him.

Comment

Working...
        X