Should I be in this relationship???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I be in this relationship???

My long time best friend asked me out a few months after he broke up with his girlfriend and we have been together for a 2 weeks now. He was angry with his ex but, I considered it okay because she did hurt him a lot. Day before yesterday he met her again, and he kind of had second thoughts about me. I broke up with him and told that he can come back when he is sure. He called me today and told he wants to see if things will will work between us. He told me that his ex is never coming back and that he really wants to give us a shot.
    What should I do?? I really like him....

I think you two should take it slow if he went back to his girlfriend already, it clearly means he still has feelings for her and isn't ready for a relationship with you, instead you'd only be the rebound girl :/

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
    First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
    Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
    Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
    Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
    Married: 1/24/2015
    Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Thanks !! I think im better off without this relationship...it's too messy !!

Comment

Would you want your best friend to abandon you when you were hurt?
        Life is messy. Remain friends and if stronger feelings develop in time that's something to explore. Do set boundaries and let him heal from the breakup.

Comment

I spoke to him a few minutes back...he told me that all what happened was that he asked his ex if she thought being broken up was the best and she said yes. All he meant by that sentence was that he wanted to hear it from her mouth rather than through texts like before. I dont even know what that means...

Comment

The fact that he wanted his ex to confirm that they were really broken up, speaks miles of where his head is at. If he was over her himself, he would not have cared to know where she stood. Sorry, you are the rebound girl.
            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
            X