Drifting apart?.. Maybe?, I don't know.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drifting apart?.. Maybe?, I don't know.

So.. Ye, I don't really know where to start to be honest.

Bit of background info. Been together just shy of 10 months, 9 times outta 10 everything is golden but.. ( bit obvious that was coming ) there's times where she pushes me away for no reason.

When she starts to push me away I always try and think why and make things right ( assuming that I've done something wrong ) but, she won't say what's wrong.. Like she'll completely shut me out, then come out with a reason why.. At times the reason is complete bull, like a quick fire reply to stop the conversation.

It's really tough being there when she refuses to open up to me, but I try my damn hardest.. Even though she pushes me away.

That's that, there's more to it but I'd rather not say. So.. Any help, advise or previous experience is welcome. Thanks in advance.

Hard to give advice on stuff so vague...
    Do you all visit? Set up times for dates etc? Plan the future at all?
    Is there a real reason she pushes you away? Something you are doing as well?

Comment

Originally posted by sasad View Post
      Hard to give advice on stuff so vague...
      Do you all visit? Set up times for dates etc? Plan the future at all?
      Is there a real reason she pushes you away? Something you are doing as well?
      Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by Comedy_snake View Post

Bit of background info. Been together just shy of 10 months, 9 times outta 10 everything is golden but.. ( bit obvious that was coming ) there's times where she pushes me away for no reason.

When she starts to push me away I always try and think why and make things right ( assuming that I've done something wrong ) but, she won't say what's wrong.. Like she'll completely shut me out, then come out with a reason why.. At times the reason is complete bull, like a quick fire reply to stop the conversation.

It's really tough being there when she refuses to open up to me, but I try my damn hardest.. Even though she pushes me away.

That's that, there's more to it but I'd rather not say. So.. Any help, advise or previous experience is welcome. Thanks in advance.
        While more detail would be preferred. Going on what you said here. Has she experienced some sort of trauma recently? That could have resulted in subtle moodiness? It could be anything from what she saw. To something she physically experienced.

First Visit: September 2016
        Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
        Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
        For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
        John 4:12
        I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris516 View Post
          While more detail would be preferred. Going on what you said here. Has she experienced some sort of trauma recently? That could have resulted in subtle moodiness? It could be anything from what she saw. To something she physically experienced.
          As a female, I would have to disagree..... something we saw?

Comment

Originally posted by Comedy_snake View Post

There's not much advice we can give you if you can't, or don't want to, elaborate. It could be the distance stressing her out, could be anything that happened or is happening in her life, work, family, friends....etc

Comment

It may also just be LD in general. I'm the queen of pushing people away when things get hard, and lord knows i've tried to push my SO away more times than I can even count because I was scared. It doesn't necessarily have to be anything bigger than that. There are a lot of fears and insecurities that come with being LD and even now sometimes I catch myself pushing him away after almost 3 years. If this is the case, my advice to you would be not to take it too personally. Some people just use this as a way to cope with their situation. The biggest help my SO did was letting me have my space while constantly being a comforting presence for me. He always let me know that he wasn't going away even if I pushed him away.

Comment

Originally posted by sasad View Post
                As a female, I would have to disagree..... something we saw?
                Same here. lol. That seems a bit extreme.

Comment

Hi, you have not been together that long. It can take a while to truly open up, especially if she is not used to this.

For a long time, I didn't understand why SO was sometimes moody with me, until I realized he is too polite and needs reassurrance that I can take his dark side. I had to really encaurage him, while also respecting that he is less vocal about his emotions - and sometimes he is just tired, not everything "means something". Also, not everyone KNOWS why they are upset and it might take a while to explore.
                  Last edited by differentcountries; May 12, 2016, 04:42 AM.
                  I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                  - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
                  X