Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He wanted freedom

I want to ask for some advice
    We have been together for almost six months. And I never realized what he wanted till he bursted out his feelings while we were having an argument last two days ago where I expressed all my anger to him cause i feel like we have been distant lately and so I asked if what has happened or is there anything wrong. And he says he wanted freedom, cause he was locked up to an ldr and he wants to mingle with other stuffs. And he says, we should have just been friends before and see what would happen in the next four years. And btw, he already have ordered his passport but somehow I didnt feel excited nor happy hearing about it. Right now, we are not really talking ( Im missing him T.T ) cause I think hes avoiding for arguments that might lead us to break-up. I asked for his decision and he says he wants me to stay. Im confuse

It sounds like he wants to be single but still keep you in his life. Some people are able to maintain friendships after a breakup and others can't. It sounds like you need to clarify with him that you are no longer in an exclusive relationship. If he truly wants to end it and be single, there is no reason that you have to stay in his life and remain friends.
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

all that i ever wanted for him is to be happy. if that would make him happy, then. I just don't think I could >.<

Comment

Long distance can be hard. They can be hard emotionally, and people may hear from their friends and family that this can never work out.

Some peoople are spontanious. When they say they want out, freedom, just being friends etc. that could be it - or they are just airing their worries in strange ways. This is why it is important to keep your head calm, and just remind him that he decides for himself if he want to be in the relationship. Perhaps the "trap" is in his own mind, or he feels weighed down because his love for you also causes him pain of various kinds.

I belive in simplicity. If he says once that he wants out, that is an outburst, If he says it twice, it is a decition. You asked for his decition and he told you he wants to say. However, a long breach of contact may be the same as breaking up.

As hard as it sounds, it is really up to him to initiate contact if he is serious about forgetting his doubts. I don't think "being friends" apply here - you are either in a relationship or you don't have contact.
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
        X