Emotional affair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emotional affair

Just want an opinion...can emotional affairs be considered cheating. If you were close to somebody and spend a lot of time with them, but had feelings and never confessed because the guy had another girl????.

Yeah emotional affair is still cheating...i believe it hurts more than physical affair.But that depends on the person.I was cheated on emotionally recently...it was heartbreaking

Comment

If you fall in love with someone that will have an impact
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Are you asking if it's okay to have a crush on someone who's taken/pursuing someone else?

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

I mean the important thing is how you cope with this and if you are honest.
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

If you are telling all your hopes and dreams and love to another person that is not your SO, then you are cheating him/her of emotions and stuff they should be having with you.

So, it depends on what you are doing, how you are doing etc... If you have a crush on someone, then that is what it is. If you ACT on it, then that is another story altogether

Comment

Originally posted by Nina92 View Post
              Just want an opinion...can emotional affairs be considered cheating. If you were close to somebody and spend a lot of time with them, but had feelings and never confessed because the guy had another girl????.
              First, Before considering it cheating. Consider the definition of an emotional affair.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotional_affair

Because, If there isn't the same level of 'communication', as the person you might be involved with. Then it just amounts to spending a lot of time with someone.
              Last edited by Chris516; May 14, 2016, 02:12 PM.

First Visit: September 2016
              Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
              Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
              For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
              John 4:12
              I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Depends a lot on you and the situation, really! You can be really close with someone and still just be platonic. You can spend a lot of time with someone and it's still just platonic. You can share some similiar things you'd share with your partner and it can still be platonic. It all depends. However, once YOU can tell romantic feelings are entering the equation, don't lie to yourself, see them for what they are - At the very least a crush. Crushes can happen and never be acted upon, but you can't really just pretend that nothing is different. When you have romantic feelings of some kind for a friend, the way you interact with said friend will be affected in some way, and it has implications for your current relationship. Are you dissatisfied with your current partner? Is there something the friend gives you that your current partner doesn't? Do you have equally strong feelings for both? Be honest with yourself, and about what's going on.

~
                It'll take a lot more than words and guns
                A whole lot more than riches and muscle
                The hands of the many must join as one
                And together we'll cross the river

Comment

A month after I started dating my current partner, I asked her to be my girlfriend. When I asked her to be my girlfriend, we talked about exclusivity. When we talked about exclusivity, we talked about what exclusivity meant to each of us.

So many times we see couples who have not formally committed to a relationship twist and manipulate what cheating means.

I have had emotional affairs in the past (though not in this relationship.) The emotional affairs certainly were cheating. I also don't subscribe to the school of thought that "it just happened." It happened because two people (myself and the other person who I was not in a relationship) practiced poor boundaries and shared intimate details with each other that should have been reserved for friends, or my partner, or a close relative, or clergy, or mentor, or counselor. By sharing intimate details with someone who is none of those people I just listed, and with someone who I had a potential to be attracted to, I created the groundwork for an emotional affair.

My emotional affairs were cheating. They were the result of practicing poor boundaries. Now I am more transparent with my partner and have identified what exclusivity and cheating means with my partner, and I don't manipulate or change the meaning of cheating or affairs.

Comment

I'd honestly say it really depends on the couple. I think your and your SO's boundaries and feelings are more important than any of our opinions about it.

Comment

Working...
                    X