Seperation anxiety?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seperation anxiety?

Whenever I am with my SO I am very happy, have no stress, no worries, no depression etc. When I'm away from him between visits I feel very down and even start doubting the stupidest things. Like if we will make it? If he really does love me? If he would even notice if we stopped talking? Etc.

Does anyone else feel this way? Please tell me I'm not crazy lol

I don't think you're crazy A similar thing happens to me. I think it's because you don't have the immediate presence and reassurance of a partner available - you can't know/see what's happening in their life or what they are feeling/doing the way you would with a Close-distance partner. You can't just swing by for a date or a hug or for a face-to-face talk. The simplest communication takes effort and often goes wrong: misunderstandings on text, bad connections on video chats, phone calls being dropped. Everything becomes an unknown, and when humans are faced with the unknown we often fill that space with fear and imagining the worst.

A visit is often a magical period of no stress because it's basically a vacation from real life (at least it is for me - I know some people have visits where they still have to work and such). It's just a blissful dream of being together without any external obligations. So when the visit is over, the double-whammy of physical separation from a loved one after an intense period of togetherness coupled with returning to your everyday life of daily worries and stressors is bound to have an effect on a person. I try to be extra forgiving and gentle with myself during these moments, but it can be challenging for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost77 View Post
      Whenever I am with my SO I am very happy, have no stress, no worries, no depression etc. When I'm away from him between visits I feel very down and even start doubting the stupidest things. Like if we will make it? If he really does love me? If he would even notice if we stopped talking? Etc.

Does anyone else feel this way? Please tell me I'm not crazy lol
      You are crazy. Only because you got on the 'Crazy Train'.

Enjoy it to the max!!!!!

We all doubt ourselves and/or whether our SO's still want us.

First Visit: September 2016
      Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
      Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
      For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
      John 4:12
      I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

I used to get it all the time, sometimes still do, but it's nowhere near as bad as it was. My SO would get worried to the point of almost not going anywhere first few times it happened. A year on, we're both wiser, and deal with it better. We just trust each other 110%, and know that even if it's difficult, distance makes the heart grow fonder.

Comment

I feel like this all the time! Honestly I'm sure it is normal in a LDR. I'm seeing him in 10 days and I think he is wanting to introduce me to his family which I'm trying to tell myself surely he wouldn't do this if he wasn't serious. And we have another trip planned in September, but despite all this I definitely still feel exactly like you when we aren't together.

Comment

This seems to be pretty common in LDR's. My girlfriend has hinted at the same feelings in her behavior and words, and sometimes I am concerned that I'm too big of an influence in her life. It doesn't bother me too much - I just don't want her to be so focused on the LDR that she neglect other important matters in her life.

Sometimes it slips my mind when we don't have our routine talk in the morning/at night, but it does not mean I don't love her. No need to be concerned it he skips something that seems routine once in a while.

Comment

i feel the same way, but honestly i won't help you and your relationship. don't think too much instead make him feel that you're with him no matter how far you are to each other. there's always a changes but be strong enough to handle things and try not to nag at him or control him. just be yourself. i wish you all the best. keep safe

Comment

Everyone has doubt now and then. But what's important is that you don't let that become a frequent part of the relationship as it could cause issues down the track. Just focus on the positives and enjoy the time with your SO.

Comment

Working...
                X