Jealous?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jealous?

My girlfriend is in America for four months.
    I saw a picture of her with some other people she's working with and she seemed so happy. And it sounds mean but I just felt sad.
    We can't get in contact a lot but when we do she just doesn't seem avidly interested in what I'm doing or asked if I'm eating or sleeping or whatever...

Originally posted by London-Bridge View Post
    My girlfriend is in America for four months.
    I saw a picture of her with some other people she's working with and she seemed so happy. And it sounds mean but I just felt sad.
    We can't get in contact a lot but when we do she just doesn't seem avidly interested in what I'm doing or asked if I'm eating or sleeping or whatever...
    What kind of work brought her here?

I would feel the same way if an SO did that too me.

First Visit: September 2016
    Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
    Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
    John 4:12
    I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

When during the day/night does she talk to you?
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

It can be rough knowing that people get to spend time in person with your partner when you can't do the same. What do you mean when you say you can't talk much? What makes you think she's not interested in talking?

~
        It'll take a lot more than words and guns
        A whole lot more than riches and muscle
        The hands of the many must join as one
        And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Shes working at a summer camp. well its usually her afternoon/night before dinner time and my 11am or 4am my time.

Well theres no reception where she is. so its difficult to communicate. Shes never been a good communicator.

Just I say I miss her more and I love her more and stuff..

I know, I'm quite paranoid. I'm also paranoid she'll fall in love with somebody else, or I wont be able to make her happy. all of the things.

Comment

How much longer does she have out there?

Does she say she misses you and love you though? It's never a competition to see who can say it more and I doubt she's doing it on purpose. Depending on the what she's doing at the camp she may be very tired too and this may affect communication too.

At least you realise that it's paranoia. Even with the excitement of meeting new people and the summer camp, you are probably safe. Knowing that your girlfriend loves you, you can safely assume that she would not put herself in any situations that would be damaging for your relationship; regardless of where in the world you two are. As for the "I won't be able to make her happy" that is rubbish, because you obviously have made her happy before, otherwise you two wouldn't be together in the first place.

Comment

I believe most of us would feel this way, no matter how mean/selfish/silly we sure know it might sound, no matter how much we try to "ennoble" ourselves to be better than those witty sh*tty feelings. But equally, so would we do if we were in her situation, even and perhaps more so without noticing.

This has happened between me and my SO countless times because well, unlike me, he is a very social person and enjoys going on weekend trips to other countries with his best guy friends. I trust him not to cheat one me, maybe not completely because we're so early into our relation and I have been burned badly before with these things. But I always give him the benefit of the doubt.

So I'm guessing you don't feel jealous about her meeting someone else or feeling interested/happy around other males, but the fact that she just doesn't give you the same attention in general as much as she gives to her peers and her environment? Listen, a photo doesn't mean anything you know? Of course she'd look happy on a photo. And she might as well be that happy! Try to feel happy for her happiness. You know, if I was her, I'd feel free to be that happy not because I had a vacation from you, but because I knew for a fact you'd be there waiting for me in 4 months and because I believed you'd be happy for me. Maybe she's being so carefree, because she genuinely doesn't think you'd be feeling this way. Maybe she doesn't feel the need to check on you so often because she is both BUSY (we know, never too busy for our SO's but still, busy is a thing and busy happens. We can only experience it when we are in the moment and surely, she is busy and tired most likely) and has a lot going on in hr life right now.

Just two days ago I had an argument with my SO because of these matters - no matter how silly it may seem, I had been quiet about it for a loooong while and something sh*tty happened at work that day and all combined made me explode; We argued, but in the end he recognized my needs. However, I also recognized his needs. I don't text him incessantly right now and when he replies, at his due time because he's busy with work, he doesn't reply me fast and dry, he actually takes the time to make those hour spaced messages worth the wait!

So to end my blabber and all this being said, my advice is take an hour to talk and explain her the things and let her feel like she can tell you she is busy and tired without fearing you not understanding and getting upset.

And let me know how it turns out! I'd like to know!

Comment

You say that you had troubles for communication with her but you both need to be able to communicate, instead it will never work. You have to put trust in your relationship but if she is not "transparent" about what she is doing and stuffs, it will be too hard for you. I think you have to have a discussion with her about all this. It is important.

Comment

Working...
                X