Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

He never texts me or even answers my texts, but says he loves me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He never texts me or even answers my texts, but says he loves me.

hey

so a bit of a background information:
    i'm from israel, he's from turkey.
    i'm 17, and so far he's been my first crush, first boyfriend, first everything. He had many girls (MANY) but i never cared, even if it was a bit intimidating and made me a bit insecure. we talk for 3 months, and together for 2 months.
    we didn't meet yet, but he said he'll come in February.
    we used to talk every single day, and most of the times we had a video chat at least every other day. I love him, and he says he loves me.

so.. two weeks ago he moved to his hometown. since then we barely talked, there were days in which he wouldn't send me any texts (he used to send me sweet messages during the days, Good Mornings and such), and the days we talked he was distanced and i was the one that started the conversation. after he ignored me for 2 days straight, he texted saying that he's sorry, that i have every right to hate him but that he still loves me.
    i couldn't stay angry with him, and he had an important exam the next day so i told him to go to sleep and that we'll talk tomorrow.
    the next day he texted me at 1 A.M, and after we talked about it and i told him how lonely and insecure i felt, he said he'll try being better. he offered that the next day he'll text me very early and we'll spend it together.
    obviously, no text until 8 P.M.. where he said "hey", then didn't answer my reply.
    the next day he said "sorry, i fell asleep" (what about before that then?..)
    and since then (it was 2 days ago) there was nothing.
    out of anger that he wont answer my texts, i broke up with him yesterday. he still didnt answer or see the text, but i regret it now. i was so angry and hurt (i still am) and i honestly think he lost interest and doesn't love me (tho we both were so in love), but i cant think of a life without him.. and i cant believe we're over before we even met. I love him as much as I'm hurt from him, and i have no idea what to do.

help?

Sorry to hear this.

It's clear that he isn't as into being with you as you had hoped. You're young and I hope you will someday find someone who will treasure you and give you the time and attention you deserve.

For now, focus on yourself. Take up a new hobby, travel, meet up with friends. Don't waste the day going over his messages or rethinking 'what could have been'.

Wishing the best for you.

Comment

you don't think i might have been too needy? i begin thinking that maybe i drove him away somehow.. i swear that by the look in his eyes before all of that, i knew it would last.. i cant even sleep anymore, i'm always on the verge of crying.. i really can't let it end like that.

Comment

I don't think so. Unless he's said something to that effect that you were being too needy, it's difficult to gauge it in an LDR.

It's hard, my friend. You need time to heal yourself, since there's no use trying to contact him if he won't answer.

Comment

No, it's not about being needy but maybe neither about, I don't know.
          You should have had a proper talk with him first and found out the reasons he did all that. Maybe he lost interest, but maybe he had other reasons, highly doubtable but who knows.

I won't say there is a chance your relationship will survive, but ending it like that is not right either. Break ups should happen after proper conversations about the needs of both people, their expectations, feelings and so on. Not with one sided texts.
          Unless at least one party is unwilling to do so.

Comment

I can't agree more than with C.C. Break ups should not be done under any circumstance where either partner is highly strung and overly emotional, because it can cloud your judgment. I'm afraid there's not much you can do now, except move on in your own way and time, and learn from your mistake. I know it may seem like the biggest deal right now, but in a few months, years... you'll come to realise it's just one of the many things you'll face in your lifetime. Focus on yourself, and may you find someone worthwhile in the future

Comment

It's sad that this has already started happening so early in your relationship. My SO is the same way as yours where he won't talk to me for a long period of time. I get so mad when he does this that I suggested that we take a break from each other for a while. I think it helped because after we had our space we are stronger than ever now. So I think you should just give him some space for a while and see what happens. You guys are young so just give it a while for you both to cool off.

Comment

Working...
              X