Dealing with lack of experiences together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dealing with lack of experiences together

My boyfriend and I have been dating for a year and a half, but over a year of that has been spent apart. We have one year left until I move to NYC with him, but a year is still a very long time. He recently told me that he has been struggling with the distance more. He said that he is struggling with the lack of experiences that we get to have together. Whether it is just daily things like cleaning, grocery shopping or taking a walk through the park, or larger experiences like vacations, and new experiences, he's struggling with me missing out on those. I have mentioned to him that we should take a vacation together and try to make the time we do get together really count and try new things and make memories. He is still having a hard time with daily experiences, however, like not having someone to take to his work parties and go out with. I really have no idea how to deal with/help this. It seems to be just one of the things that come along with a LDR. Does anyone have any ideas or advice to give? I don't know what else to do.

Do you have visits?
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!
      It's part of the difficulty being in an LDR. No "in person" activities to share. So try looking at the main website home page...there are a lot of activities to do together. As for the things you spoke about in your post (cleaning, grocery shopping or taking a walk through the park, etc.)....try taking pictures or video as you do those things. I set up my computer in kitchen and we "cook" together. Pick a simple recipe you can both prepare, share a meal and enjoy.

Comment

Oh gosh yes... My SO "takes" me to the beach and he comes clothes shopping with me sometimes! Be creative with vid chatting if you can.
        And even being around my so Irl, we are always making new memories.together. Every time we visit.

Comment

Yes! All the time! We've been together for two years and ld for all but 3 months. This happens all the time. Its hard because he is my favorite person to do things with. Everything either of us do I would love to do together. For example, he's camping right now and doesn't even have cell service to call or text me. I miss him and wish I was there but I just have to wait a few days. Take advantage of visits to make memories, include each other when you can. And plan for when you close the distance. Best of luck!

Comment

Working...
          X