Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got my hopes, now to end something that just began?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my hopes, now to end something that just began?

This is a LDR, we dated briefly before he moved and he asked me 2x to be his girlfriend. The 2nd time I accepted. Just a week after making us official, I felt a definite change, our Skype calls were the same, but the sweet/random texts weren't there anymore and many times my texts took 3 or more hours to answer if he answered them at all (yes we are in the same time zone), he rarely apologized. The other day i just about had it and I confronted him how I felt, he was apologetic, but also not worried at all that I felt locked out. We skyped to figure out the issues and he was playing a game while talking to me, now that I think about it, that hurts and shows that he can't even set aside an hour to talk to me. He has all the time in the world to do what he needs cause I never see him. Up till now he didn't have a job, so he wasn't super busy. Why ask to be my boyfriend just to show complete disinterest in me? He just told me he would text more, yet my he hasn't answered my last text for 6 hours!
    Last edited by MehMehMeh2013; July 6, 2016, 11:33 PM.

What you are experiencing now is the end of the so called "honeymoon phase". Every relationship is different, thus the time period of the honeymoon phase differs from others too. Yours just happened to be very short due to the changes you both have been having (CDR to LDR for example). You are now seeing who he is with your rose tinted glasses off. Now you have a choice to make. Do you want to be with him or not? Can he give you what you need in a relationship? I suggest you ask him that the next time you talk to him.

He also probably isn't texting you back because you probably text him too much. I'm pretty sure everyone on this site is guilty of doing that (myself included), so try pulling away and texting him less and see if he comes to you.

Comment

If you're finding it hard now, maybe a long distance relationship isn't for you. Think about what you need and if you can continue in a LDR.

Comment

What others have said.

But honestly, playing a game WHILE Skyping about relationship issues, or any other important personal topic, is just disrespectful imho.
        Whether she texts him too much or doesn't do something right, it doesn't justify his behaviour.
        Last edited by C.C.; July 7, 2016, 03:11 AM.

Comment

What C.C. said. Not paying you the due attention whilst you're trying to sort things out isn't fair or respectful. If he can't show you the respect you're due, and things don't change, you may have to face the fact that things will stay as they are. Some people are better coping with long distance than others, it isn't for everyone.

Comment

I dont think this is an end of a honeymoon phase.I think this is just a person who has no real interest of you or something is happening in his mind (maybe he is afraid to get closer).If things dont get better id suggest finding someone who actually is fully interesed and commited to you

Comment

Originally posted by MehMehMeh2013 View Post
              This is a LDR, we dated briefly before he moved and he asked me 2x to be his girlfriend. The 2nd time I accepted. Just a week after making us official, I felt a definite change, our Skype calls were the same, but the sweet/random texts weren't there anymore and many times my texts took 3 or more hours to answer if he answered them at all (yes we are in the same time zone), he rarely apologized. The other day i just about had it and I confronted him how I felt, he was apologetic, but also not worried at all that I felt locked out. We skyped to figure out the issues and he was playing a game while talking to me, now that I think about it, that hurts and shows that he can't even set aside an hour to talk to me. He has all the time in the world to do what he needs cause I never see him. Up till now he didn't have a job, so he wasn't super busy. Why ask to be my boyfriend just to show complete disinterest in me? He just told me he would text more, yet my he hasn't answered my last text for 6 hours!
              He clearly isn't showing you much attention and if he would really want to sort out your relationship issues then he would do anything to talk it through with you not do something else whilst you're talking it through.

On a side note, why can't I find someone who would talk things through if there were relationship issues. All the girls, I've gone to meet were all the opposite! They don't talk things through and just quit. It's hilarious that when you do nice things to girls or give them everything just to see them happy, it doesn't reciprocate but they treat you badly..
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              • “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart.” — Helen Keller
              • “If ever there is tomorrow when we’re not together. There is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we’re apart… I’ll always be with you.”
              • “Distance means so little when someone means so much.”

Comment

Originally posted by Metjuw View Post
                On a side note, why can't I find someone who would talk things through if there were relationship issues. All the girls, I've gone to meet were all the opposite! They don't talk things through and just quit. It's hilarious that when you do nice things to girls or give them everything just to see them happy, it doesn't reciprocate but they treat you badly..
                No matter how many things you do to make someone happy, it's not gonna do any good long term if it's not a two-sided healthy, fulfilling relationship.
                And about talking through the issues: I think it's not a trait but rather something you learn along the way and through your experiences. It's true that some are better at it and some are awful at it naturally, but whatever you are describing doesn't seem so. In my opinion, talking about issues, hearing each others' opinions, feelings and trying to understand one another is one of the main recipes for a good lasting relationship.

Comment

I took the plunge yesterday and laid it out for him, that I would start seeing other options because I'm not interested in someone who plays games w/me. That def got his attention, that I will leave. He started telling me how much he misses me, thinks about me, but that just may be because I was really pissed and ready to walk away. I want to work this relationship out really badly, I just don't want to end up loving a man who doesn't love me, I've done that before and never again if I can catch that early (not a LDR), my heart was broken. I am gonna wait this out and see, but I feel like this doesn't look good. Can this be normal in an LDR?

Comment

Only you can answer that. You have already given up if you tell someone you are going to walk if they don't change... That is your choice. Some people are not cut out for this, and that's ok. You have mentioned this in multiple post.
                    Again, it takes two. Both of you need to communicate and compromise. He is doing the best he can, and if that won't work for you, then stop...

Comment

You also should stop making multiple threads with the same issue.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                      Married: 1/24/2015
                      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Working...
                      X