my boyfriend is moving even further away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my boyfriend is moving even further away

Me and my boyfriend are already in a long distance relationship, but just within 230 miles (because we both live in Sweden), so we can still see each other kinda often. But now he's moving like 2000 miles away from me, because he found a work in Iceland. I'm really happy for him and so, and he says he's just gonna be away for two months (which isn't that long time), but he says he's not sure about it, that he can be there longer. So, I need some ideas, about what I can do while he's away and so. Things to make me think less of it and so on. And I'd like to hear about your own experience too, and if something similar to this has happened to you.

Since your already in a ldr it shouldn't be that hard to adjust to, just think of it as he's super busy suddenly and cant see you for awhile. Apart from that there isn't really much advise to give apart form keep busy and get on with your life like you have been. Yes he''s further away and you won't be able to see him for awhile but nothing needs to change apart form maybe the schedule you guys have for talking depending on timezones/working hours and such.
    Best of luck to you :3
    my girls <3

Josie (SO)
    Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
    Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
    Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
    Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
    Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
    Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
    Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
    All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

Try and set up some date nights for you both, do a care package, send letters... internets are fine for quick access, but nothing beats being able to hold something he/she had or smell your SO on a shirt or pillowcase etc.... but please don't let your life just stop... Take up a new hobby or class, hang with your friends, read some good books. Time goes so much faster when you are keeping busy and not just sitting around

Comment

Originally posted by kittyxuchiha11 View Post
        Since your already in a ldr it shouldn't be that hard to adjust to, just think of it as he's super busy suddenly and cant see you for awhile. Apart from that there isn't really much advise to give apart form keep busy and get on with your life like you have been. Yes he''s further away and you won't be able to see him for awhile but nothing needs to change apart form maybe the schedule you guys have for talking depending on timezones/working hours and such.
        Best of luck to you :3
        kittyxuchiha11----OT I know, but just wanted to say how nice it is to see someone so upbeat and happy- or have the ability to always see the bright side of things.. You are an amazingly nice person and ALWAYS have something sweet to say to people.
        Last edited by sasad; July 11, 2016, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sasad View Post
          kittyxuchiha11----OT I know, but just wanted to say how nice it is to see someone so upbeat and happy- or have the ability to always see the bright side of things.. You are an amazingly nice person and ALWAYS have something sweet to say to people.
          Awww, thank you so much! seeing this made my day :3
          my girls <3

Josie (SO)
          Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
          Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
          Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
          Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
          Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
          Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
          Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
          All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

I think one of the most important things to remember that going from one sort of long distance to another sort of long distance (or even close distance) requires adjustments to your current interactions. Yes, you are already used to LD, which will help immensely, but make sure that you two are working together to figure out what works for you in THIS long distance. Sticking to old routines may work, but likely there will be some things that you need to change and adjust to better work for your current situation. It shouldn't be too much of a challenge, but being aware of these changes and not being firm in your ways will help during this time!

Edit: sorry, I got distracted while I was typing and realized I didn't really answer your question. What I meant to say was: for the most part it'll be the same. Distract yourself like you always have been. You've been LD before, you've got this!

Comment

Working...
            X