What pitfalls to avoid in a LDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What pitfalls to avoid in a LDR

I'm new to LDRs. I recently reconnected with my High School sweetheart but she lives over 1,000 miles away. I want to know what pitfalls to avoid... I lost her once and don't want to lose her again. What are some common pitfalls to avoid?

Communicate. Make sure you both agree on what works for you as far as texting, talking, Skype etc. make sure that you make time for the both of you date nights movie nights together whatever. Try to plan visits when you can. Communicate. Be honest, please don't play games either of you... Do not become so obsessed with each other that nothing else exists. It is important to have and maintain your own identity why you're a part as well as when you're together. And again I will say communicate. This is so important because you don't get to see and touch as much as regular closed distance couples do. Try not to have arguments over text or emails especially because you cannot tell people's emotions that way. And yes it's OK to have discussion it's OK to disagree you just need to maintain yourself.
    A lot of this is learn as you go. You will need to learn what each other needs to make this work you need to keep an open mind and you need to be able to talk

Comment

Working...
    X