Technology frustrations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Technology frustrations

Just wondering if any of you have issues with malfunctioning technology when chatting to your SOs? My laptop developed a mind of its own and its misbehaving totally cut into my regular chat time with my SO today, he was really understanding but I feel horrible about it.

It's more of telecommunications bugaboos. Chat usually works fine for us but issues come up at times when we have our weekly calls. The Internet speed here is so slow that our video calls freeze up!

Comment

Technology can always be an issue. There are so many different parts that come into play. Is it your bandwidth? The app? The server.?Your laptop?
      Depending on where the issue...can offer suggestions if we know more.

There is a ton of spyware out that's just nasty. I am in IT and we love using malware bytes.org free scan stuff. I actually bought it and love it. Don't think they have it for macs yet. But if you do try it, make sure you run it in safe mode. A lot of issues are caused by spyware..they hijack your web pages and just play bad with stuff.
      If its bandwidth, need to talk to your provider.

Comment

Yes, tech is always an issue. Learn to accept it happens just as you get to the "good" bits LOL
        Sometimes my SO and I joke there is an internet gremlin waiting for the right moment and "Poof!" down goes the connection. If that's all that goes wrong in your LDR than you're doing fine! Also, Malwarebytes for Mac is a great free malware scan.

Comment

My issue is with internet connection during the Skype calls. I always joke about it though, he sometimes looks so blurry because of it I just screen it and send it to him for laughs XD
          Another thing is with Messenger app on my phome because ugh.

However as others said, tech problems are normal. I can't imagine things without them. Life would be too ideal and easy

Comment

Both our Internets seem to hate us and just randomly seem to witch off, especially when we have date nights planned. We've started to refer to this as the internet is 'clitoris prohibitions-ing' us when it just won't hold the connection or dies entirely. But really, you just learn to roll with it and say the internet is being a butt we'll catch up some other time it's cool :3
            my girls <3

Josie (SO)
            Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
            Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
            Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
            Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
            Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
            Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
            Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
            All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

I'm in IT and even I have the occasional issue, that's just technology for you. I always have second and third options for communicating, since most issues I encounter are not computer problems. Do you have a smartphone? You can use Skype, Viber, What'sApp, or facetime if it's iOS, Google HangOuts is an option also. You don't need a laptop for communicating, and there are so many ways to do it, you just need to sort it out.

Along with malwarebytes, make sure you have a good, updated antivirus, and make sure it has a scheduled run time. If your laptop is ancient, you can replace it with a tablet or Chromebook really cheaply, if cost is a factor. It might be time to rebuild your laptop, if it's Windows. If you don't maintain it well, Windows will need a fresh install after a few years, it always does. It'll be like a brand new computer.

How's your internet speed? Check it here https://www.speedtest.net/. Upload speed is really important for the ways we communicate today, if you're speed isn't decent, upgrade your plan, if you can. There are so many options now, communication can be pretty easy, just think about it and try to get another solution, instead of frustrated, there's always another way!
              Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
                How's your internet speed? Check it here https://www.speedtest.net/. Upload speed is really important for the ways we communicate today, if you're speed isn't decent, upgrade your plan, if you can. There are so many options now, communication can be pretty easy, just think about it and try to get another solution, instead of frustrated, there's always another way!
                My SO's upload speed is so awful looking at it pains my eyes
                And he can't do anything till he moves out either. Guess I'll have to endure seeing him as a pixel art time by time
                Last edited by C.C.; July 14, 2016, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X