Mondays Suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mondays Suck

I have a second rant today...not really a rant, but just something I feel kind of sad about.

He received the anniversary package I sent him today. I can't predict what he will like! I wanted him to like everything, but I thought he would like the card best (I did one of the kissing cards and did a really phenomenal drawing--I thought it was fantastic and that he would really appreciate the art work since he has often been promoting me to get back into drawing more, etc.), but he didn't say anything about that. Just the package overall and ended up liking the loop braided bracelet I had made him and talked about how he was wearing it and thinking about me, etc. (yet, with the shirt I sent him before...even if I wasn't expecting it to be worn out, I thought it would be nice for a pj top and I have never seen or heard about him wearing it). I am really happy he likes the bracelet, but I feel a bit like I don't know him well when I keep getting guesses about gifts wrong.

I know he doesn't have to go on for days about the package, but he said his peace and then went on to some news about the letter he had written to a piano donor. He was elated that they had written back and he was invited to hobnob at a donor and professor party two weekends from now. That's great (especially since he and I are somewhat introverted about things like that), but I felt sort of like my gifts had been eclipsed.

After that, he also talked about work and how they are trying to reclassify his job, since he doesn't technically have enough school hours (because music gets a little different with practice hours and class hours) and he is no doubt stressed about that. He did ask his boss about, in the future, working remotely sometimes (which means that he could come and be with me for longer bouts). He said his boss didn't say much to that either way, but that could be taken as something promising. Then, he says to me in a very serious tone, "I was thinking, could we start..." I thought maybe he was leading in to a talk about more seriously considering what our relationship will be like after graduation (which made absolute sense since he literally lead into that statement right after the work discussion and possibilities of seeing me more after graduation) and he finished the sentence with "...reading our book earlier tonight?" So, after that, I made an excuse of being busy and my back being sore (both of which are true)--it was one of the shorter conversations we have had in awhile. I think, as much as I love talking to him, that we are maybe talking a bit too much lately, but I was also rather disappointed to have some of my excitement for things crushed.

I need a big hug...and maybe I will go drown my sorrows in potato chips!

Sometimes talking TOO much causes me to overanalyze every little thing.

Hon..he liked your package..and he is wearing the bracelet...let that put a smile on your face....
    NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

HUGS!!!!

I understand the feeling. I've sent my bf 4 care packages over the past 6 months. They're mostly food/toiletries, but I've always included a little "love" project- pictures, collages, little special things I've made. He has never said anything about those things, and the things he says he likes best out of the package are always the things I threw in last minute because they were in the pantry, or they were an afterthought.

I continue to do the lovey-dovey stuff, because I feel he must like it, even if he doesn't say so. And I know that I know him very well, so I don't worry too much if something I send doesn't get the attention I thought it would. It sounds like you sent some really great things, and I'm sure he loves all of it.

Keep your head up- tomorrow will be a better day!!!

Comment

First of all, *hugs*
        Second of all, he's a guy. Guys don't usually obsess over things. He said he liked it and that's his way of obsessing over it. Be happy

Comment

Working...
        X