Advise of initiating a LDR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advise of initiating a LDR?

I've never thought that I would ever be in a LDR because I am a person that if I want to talk to someone I simply visit them face to face. So I tend to not do a lot of communicating by phone. Despite that I joined a networking/dating website, and met someone. We clicked, taking our conversations off the that site onto different platforms we became good friends extremely quickly.

We've been talking to each other for a few months and are talking on a daily basis at this point. I'd like to ask her out. And I think we are on the same page based on some of the language and tone of a good number of our discussions. The problem being that because I never expected to be in a LDR I've never even considered the best way to ask someone out long distance.

Simply asking her on a date isn't an option due to distance. And I've always had a phobia of asking people out. Not of rejection, just the act of asking someone. So frequently how I've asked is to draw a picture and find a good time to hand it to the person. I think it's kind of corny and I like that. But I have no idea how I could use that and have it feel natural and not awkward. And if by chance I have read things wrong and I am rejected I feel it's more damaging to a great friendship then other methods.

I could just use some guidance on a good way of asking her out.

if you think she feels the same why don't you just try bring up the topic of dating and see what she says. with my SO we started dating because we were talking about dating and i simply asked if she'd ever considered dating me and she was like you know what i would lets do it. She did ask me to be her girlfriend after that but it was more just to be silly than any big dramatic gesture. But anyway, you can still do the idea of drawing a picture for her to ask her, just draw it then take a picture of it and send it to her. With my ex i made her a lyric video to our favourite song and then at the end of the video put in a little picture that asked her to be my girlfriend.
    If she doesn't feel the same way you brush it off and still try to be friends. The only way its going to damage your friendship is if you try to pursue her when she's made it clear she doesn't feel the same way, and since i trust you won't do that you'll both be fine :3
    my girls <3

Josie (SO)
    Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
    Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
    Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
    Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
    Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
    Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
    Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
    All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

The drawing idea could really work. Best not to hem and haw over it, just do it, bring it up when you're both having a good conversation, and hope for the best!

My SO initiated our LDR by sending me a book with a poem he'd written into the back cover. When I got that book, I sent him an IM right away, and that's how we got talking about our LDR.

Comment

Originally posted by kittyxuchiha11 View Post
        if you think she feels the same why don't you just try bring up the topic of dating and see what she says. with my SO we started dating because we were talking about dating and i simply asked if she'd ever considered dating me and she was like you know what i would lets do it. She did ask me to be her girlfriend after that but it was more just to be silly than any big dramatic gesture. But anyway, you can still do the idea of drawing a picture for her to ask her, just draw it then take a picture of it and send it to her. With my ex i made her a lyric video to our favourite song and then at the end of the video put in a little picture that asked her to be my girlfriend.
        If she doesn't feel the same way you brush it off and still try to be friends. The only way its going to damage your friendship is if you try to pursue her when she's made it clear she doesn't feel the same way, and since i trust you won't do that you'll both be fine :3
        Thank you for the advise! I've always been in the mindset that asking someone out was a gesture that you were putting yourself on the line for. It never really come to me before that it could be a conversation.I like the idea of it being more of a two way street. Also as a bonus that method seems much easier to brush off in case of rejection.

But I have asked her out now, and she said yes! Thank you again for the advice it helped me a lot. ^^

Comment

Working...
        X