Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At first she was soo excited to meet me and we talked over it on skype and then next day she lied that she bought the ticket.. had me waiting outside for two hrs good thing I did not go the airport and wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunrorth View Post
      At first she was soo excited to meet me and we talked over it on skype and then next day she lied that she bought the ticket.. had me waiting outside for two hrs good thing I did not go the airport and wait.
      She LIED to you about something so important? I wouldn't tolerate such lies in my relationship. How are you even supposed to trust her.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunrorth View Post
        The two of you talked on Skype, but never had a video chat? Interesting. Sorry, but lying early on is definitely a deal breaker for me. I doubt I would have stuck around for someone who lied about buying a ticket to see me.

Comment

Whoa, hold up... She lied to you about buying a ticket to come to see you? And you even waited for her to come? Um...

Something is very not right here. Even if she is telling the truth and whatnot, if it were me, I would've broke up with her after that. That's huge.

Comment

Why are you still with this girl?
            My advice, regardless of whether she's who she says she is or not, is to run. There's no good to be found in a relationship with someone's who's willing to lie to you about so many things to the point where it directly impacts your life.

Comment

That was the thing I lost a lot of trust in her... but I am gullible as it is and want to see how it goes before school starts. I know I am stupid, but I have a lot of feelings for her. I don't get my hopes up as I used to.

Comment

Unfortunately, love and feelings aren't always enough to keep the relationships going.
                Are you even sure you really know her?

But it's your decision, but please don't make any rash decisions and keep your own safety in mind.

Comment

Thank you very much. I'll keep that in mind. I asked her for a recent picture and so far I got some 3-4 months ago but I am trying to ask her for a photo with a spoon on her face.

Comment

I think there is a fundamental problem with being in a relationship with someone who basically has to prove who she is because you don't really know her.

At the very best, you are dealing with someone who is dishonest, distant and aloof. At the worst, you are being catfished.

Don't settle. You deserve better.

Comment

While I agree with everyone, there are also some really good reasons why someone may act the way your SO is acting. I'm not going to go into details because the possibilities are endless, which is exactly why I am not immediately saying you're being catfished despite these red flags. My suggestion to you? Find out once and for all. Stop this worrying and guessing and just go and meet her. Of course, do it in a public place so that you both feel safe, but wouldn't you rather spend the time and money to find out for sure than spend so much additional time on someone who may not be who they say they are? I wish the best for you, this can't be an easy situation, but please do something to make it better for yourself. You aren't helpless in all of this.

Comment

That is what I am currently doing. I can't end the relationship just like that I need to know the truth and if it's the real deal. Until I get the truth is when I move on. I don't want to move on without a answer because then I'll just be thinking about it the whole time. Like did I screw up or was I right to do it. I know you guys see a tons of red flags, I do too. If she doesn't get that cam next week that means more hiding. I have a friend who lives like 15mins away from her, and I asked if she could go to the address when she is home alone. To get a look at her even if it peeking behind doors. That is not till tomorrow.
                        Last edited by Bunrorth; July 28, 2016, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Just a thought but perhaps she has issues with low self esteem and has worries about how she looks and might fear loosing you because of this.

Comment

I understand that low self esteem could be an issue, but she won't send current photos and you sent her something that was returned to sender by the mail.....self esteem? Don't think so with the returned package.....
                            Good idea to send a friend, but that may not prove anything....

Comment

Make sure your friend brings someone else with them! Always better to be safe than sorry!

Comment

Yeah, I had to send it to her friend's address, which struck me very odd. Yeah, I know, but I just want to see if the photo matches her face or at least if the address is the correct residency of her family, if you know what I mean? If anyone lives in Dallas please help me out!

Comment

Working...
                                X