Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SO might move countries for job (somewhere further)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SO might move countries for job (somewhere further)

Anyone had anything similar?

He has had an opportunity at work to move somewhere else. It's further away. The flight would be 3.5 hrs rather than the 2 it is now. Not a massive deal, I know.

I suppose it's just made me wonder what it would mean for us. I'm sure I've read about people having partners move on here. I'd love to hear how you handled it.

I haven't mentioned anything because we are so early on in what we have I don't think I have the right to link this to "us" at all. He can do whatever he wants with his job and if it sounds like a good opportunity then I can't hold it against him. When the time comes we would need to talk. I'm just a worrier so it's natural it's made me think "well what does that mean for us?".

It's not definite yet. Only a maybe.

My SO will be making the move from IN to TX hopefully within the year. (I will move after he is settled and I find a job.) This will move us from a 15-hr drive one-way to a 32-hour drive one way AND put him in a different time zone. If I chose to fly, the flight cost will more than double. It doesn't change who we are or what we want.

I'm sure the same can be said for the two of you. Right now, you are both younger and are still finding your bearings and what you want and where you want to be. It's not that much farther. Don't overthink it or worry about problems that haven't presented themselves. Keep going as you are for now. All relationships have adjustments, even when you are living in the same household. This is just another possible adjustment.
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Hmm. I wouldn't really worry yet as you haven't defined your relationship from what I read?
      You do what you need to do for work and career. It's true, I hate to say, but love doesn't pay the bills or the mortgage...
      That really isn't a really long distant change. Is it an hour and a half more driving? That's still doable for long weekends.
      Mine moved from 2 hour drive to 17. He makes more, can still work from anywhere and bought a nice house on the water for us. Was I upset? Sure.. It's a longer distance, but in the long run, it's what we will have together that matters.

Comment

Your relationship is still new...take this as a chance to explore a new facet of each other. It's definitely still an easy travel to visit.
        Look forward to the future together and remember talk with your SO

Comment

Working...
        X