How long until you go from exclusively dating to into a relationship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jelly11 View Post
    So you never actually talked about what you were? You were just "together"? I kinda think that's what my SO is thinking.
    Yeah, we talked about things. I wanted to know if my SO was someone I could picture myself loving, living and being with in RL. He was. Early on we knew it was a mutually exclusive thing, and neither of us felt the need otherwise to change that. And why indeed change something that makes you happy? I wouldn't say our relationship is entirely conventional, like I said things aren't perfect, but honestly... I think it's safe to say we know what we are to one another.

Comment

Just came back from seeing him and I accidentally referred to him as my boyfriend which made me freak out because I thought I'd scared him. So ì apologised and he said he thought he was my boyfriend anyway and that I was his girlfriend because he thought we were a couple.

That is good enough for me to make it feel more official and let me know where I stand - as his girlfriend.

Comment

Originally posted by Jelly11 View Post
        Just came back from seeing him and I accidentally referred to him as my boyfriend which made me freak out because I thought I'd scared him. So ì apologised and he said he thought he was my boyfriend anyway and that I was his girlfriend because he thought we were a couple.

That is good enough for me to make it feel more official and let me know where I stand - as his girlfriend.
        That's good to hear. Happy your mind and heart are more at peace with regard to this matter.

Comment

I'm with you C.C. I actually don't know if my SO has told anyone about us, but I've mentioned to people exactly what you do, that we're together, but it will become official when we meet, (could be as soon as January).
          Like the OP, i made a bit of a mistake in the beginning stages - maybe about four weeks into deciding we like each other more than friends, and, without telling him, I changed our relationship status on Facebook. I did immediately know that perhaps I shouldn't have done it without discussing it with him so I deleted it but it was a little late as my SO was asked about it by a few of his friends. He was naturally a little annoyed at me for not discussing it with him and I did understand where he was coming from. Added to that, he's not really much into FB either.
          Needless to say, i haven't brought up the FB thing since then but I will again once we meet, as well as of course, discussing with him making it official with regard to going public.
          Met Online: 1998
          Relationship began: January 2017

FIRST MEETING: June 2017
          SECOND MEETING: October 2017

Comment

lol, 0 days. we didn't date, because right after we met we spent 10 days camping together and became couple right after that ^^

Comment

Too confusing. Exclusively dating, to me. Almost sounds like one is saying, 'I will date you, and only you. But I reserve the right to leave your keister by the side of the road if you tick me off, in the slightest'.

First Visit: September 2016
              Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
              Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
              For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
              John 4:12
              I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

I get it... To some, in a relationship can mean multiple things, FWB, etc... Being in a relationship may not imply exclusiveness, Exclusive means dating each other only.

Comment

My LD boyfriend and I have been "exclusive" for about a month before I finally said my yes (for being official). But as for his side, he wanted to be my boyfriend just after about a week or 2 of getting to know each other. He was very careful not to say the I-word yet because he's afraid it might freak me out. He knows that I want to take it slow and not rush things since I've just been on a failed "exclusive" 3month of whatever it was. I told him we just met (literally, about less than a month?) and I'm not ready so I said that, I can't really be his girfriend yet however he's rest assured that I'm not gonna flirt with someone else because we're exclusive. I like him and he likes me, but we're not officially labelled. We were just exclusive. He has some worries because he thinks that I might still flirt with other guys since he's not my boyfriend. But then, after a month of being exclusive I finally said the I-word (he's been saying it already before I did. I just always answered with a smile). We changed our FB status into "in a relationship". Although he tagged me with it (I didn't. I just changed my status). Made him happy. It takes time. But for an LDR to take 4months? Well, my almost 4months exclusive thing (with the last guy) didn't really worked out because he doesn't want a girlfriend and one day he just found someone else. So you should think slightly.
                  Last edited by BeLove032522; November 7, 2016, 05:20 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Well, one of the first things that happened when I got home from the trip where I met him was I teased him saying "we behave as if we are in love" and "we act as if we are in a relationship" and then he said "Of couse we are in love", "you are my girlfriend" and "how can I marry you?". He scared the living Jesus out of me, but then again it looks like I like that . This was all within the first 2 weeks of getting to know each other. We never had much of a dating period, it went quickly from what could have been a holiday romance to something very serious.
                    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
                      Well, one of the first things that happened when I got home from the trip where I met him was I teased him saying "we behave as if we are in love" and "we act as if we are in a relationship" and then he said "Of couse we are in love", "you are my girlfriend" and "how can I marry you?". He scared the living Jesus out of me, but then again it looks like I like that . This was all within the first 2 weeks of getting to know each other. We never had much of a dating period, it went quickly from what could have been a holiday romance to something very serious.
                      NEWS FLASH!!!! NEWS FLASH!!! HE IS A KEEPER!!!!

First Visit: September 2016
                      Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
                      Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
                      For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
                      John 4:12
                      I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Working...
                      X