Do you want kids with your SO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you want kids with your SO?

I know the average age here is faiiiiiiirly young so I'm probably looking ahead a little here, but do you ever want to have kids with your SO?

Do you both agree on what you want? Or haven't you even thought about it yet? Do you or your SO have kids already? How are they with your SO and vice versa? Or do you already have kids with your SO?
    In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
    Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
    Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
    My dog Sam ♥

Yup. I want to start a family with Elina She does too (not right now, obviously )

We have actually spoke about it quite a lot. How many.. names.. if we'd prefer boys/girls etc x)

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
      We have actually spoke about it quite a lot. How many.. names.. if we'd prefer boys/girls etc x)

Well?

Details, details, Sam! It's all in the detail
      In a relationship with

My Albums:
      Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
      My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Haha, welllll.. She wants 3, I'd prefer 2 I guess, but wouldnt mind 3 either Depends how our situation is with house/money/time.. all that stuff

We've thought of plenty of girls names, but cant seem to find any boys names that we both like haha. I like Finnish sounding/looking names I love the name Saana..
        Er.. they'd have my last name and say we had 2 girls.. one would have a Finnish first name (Saana ;D ) and an English middle name.. then my last name, and the other would have an English first name and Finnish middle name..

I think she'd prefer girls.. I'd prefer both, and probably 2 girls and 1 boy if we had 3..

There ya go

Comment

Yes!! We talk about it almost every day. We both really want to have children, hopefully a boy and a girl but it really doesn't matter. We even picked out the names: Elizabeth and James after his grandparents.

I have always wanted kids, ever since I was very young myself. I've done lots of babysitting and plan to work as a teacher. He also gets along very well with kids. So we're very excited to start a family.

Comment

I personally NEVER wanted kids, of course I also always expected myself to be alone all my life. But luckily I found my SO and found that there is someone out there who actually understands me and I feel my most comfortable with. <3
            So my views on children have slowly been changing....to a more positive note. I just love babies! hehe. But I still don't really know if I want kids, and my SO said she didn't want them...but she is actually coming around too. Either way if we did decide it would be a lengthy process for us, as we can't just..well have sex = make a baby :P
            And when we talked about it we both said if we did ever have kids we'd like a girl. or girl(s)

Comment

We've talked about it, and that we definitely want them. I'd like two, I think he probably wants the same.

We've talked about it more in the "how are we going to raise them" sense, as it was brought upon by a conversation about his cousin's kids, and how they were telling us that things were only for boys or only for girls (e.g. a Spider-Man mask is only for boys, and boys can't wear pink). We don't want our kids to be like that.

With regards to names, I have a list of names I like, but we haven't discussed it because frankly I think that's really less important at the moment.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
                We've thought of plenty of girls names, but cant seem to find any boys names that we both like haha. I like Finnish sounding/looking names I love the name Saana..
                Er.. they'd have my last name and say we had 2 girls.. one would have a Finnish first name (Saana ;D ) and an English middle name.. then my last name, and the other would have an English first name and Finnish middle name..

Yeah that's something I've thought about a few times. Tbh I'd want a name that was British and Finnish at the same time but those are hard to come by... I would take a LOT of convincing before I agreed to go with just a Finnish name for my kid. Tanja's a perfect example of the kind of name I'd like tbh.

But I still don't know if I want kids. Some days I do, some days I don't. I think I'd be a good Dad and it's something I think I'd regret later in life if I didn't have any, but some days I just think I couldn't live with the hassle. I guess that's still the childishness in my heart burning brightly - I still see myself as the kid in my life

As I've grown up I've really come to appreciate how great my parents are. I've always known they were fantastic but I really couldn't have wished for better. They put me and my brother before everything else at every possible time, and I think that's what you have to do as a good parent.

I'd love to have a little boy if we did have kids though. I'd really want a little boy, a mini-me haha

We've never gone through names together, though I'm sure she has in her head

She really wants to have kids with me, I'd even say it's close to being a deal-breaker, but without actually being a deal-breaker though... (right babe? )
                In a relationship with

My Albums:
                Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Me and my SO do want kids together. I'd like 3 but he'd rather have 2. A boy and a girl he wants. We'd like to have kids in our 20s, after i've finished university. I've always wanted a little girl =). We've talked about names too =D . He loves the name Sophie, which i like too which is good and i like the name Lily. So if we had 2 daughters that'd probably be their names. We weren't so good at thinking up boys names though, for some reason they're alot harder. Maybe a Dutch name would be cool or a Manx one, rather than an English name, but nothing that's difficult to pronounce. XD

Comment

Yep, I want kids with him. Neither of us has kids. We've talked about it and we want two or three biological and two adopted. Hopefully one of our biological kids will have red hair like Joe, but since I have brown hair, I think the chances of a red-haired child might be pretty slim, lol. Especially since no one in my family has (or had) red hair that I know of. We've never really talked about names though. I can't wait to have kids!

Comment

I do want a family with Denise, it wont be anytime soon due to us not living under one roof at the moment and i'll admit i want her all to myself for a few years lol but its something we have both thought about alot and i do want kids with her we even have names picked out already, if a girl: Aisley, if a boy: Callum

Comment

I know the average age here is faiiiiiiirly young so I'm probably looking ahead a little here, but do you ever want to have kids with your SO?
                        my SO and I are both only seventeen, but we still talk about having kids all the time. it's something we look forward to!

Do you both agree on what you want? Or haven't you even thought about it yet?
                        yes, we do. if you mean just whether or not we want kids, we both do. if you mean on how many, we both have said the possibility of having 2 or 3 of our own, and then when they get old enough to move out adopt an older child from the adoption system because it is hardest to find them homes.

Do you or your SO have kids already? How are they with your SO and vice versa? Or do you already have kids with your SO?
                        thankfully, neither of us have kids yet with anybody.

as far as how many boys/girls/whatever we want, we honestly aren't concerned, because it really doesn't matter what we want. we're gonna get what we get. :P

Comment

Amanda and I know we dont want kids for a few years...but we definitely plan on having them, probably 1-3 I would say?
                          My <3 is in Connecticut

Comment

This was a tricky one for me... I have two awesome sons already, and my youngest is 7... so basically for the past 7 years, in my mind I have been DONE having kids! Oh but this life thing just looooves to throw curves at me, lol.
                            My SO doesn't have any, and is leaning more and more towards wanting kids as he gets older. Which I am okay with, but has involved a total mental re-organizing of my future intentions just to get myself opened up to the concept of doing it "all over again". TRUST ME- once you finally get your kids out of diapers, it's sooo hard to imagine going back to it! We'll just sort of see what happens I think... but I'm ready to embrace it again, if it should

Though I hope if it happens it's not TOO far down the road... I'm not exactly young right now haha
                            We collided and fell out of nothingness... scattering stars like dust

Comment

Originally posted by mynameiseric View Post
                              Amanda and I know we dont want kids for a few years...but we definitely plan on having them, probably 1-3 I would say?
                              aw babeee.. mmhmm, i would love 2! nice evennnnn number huh babe? haha
                              <3
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X