Feel like I'm being ignored...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feel like I'm being ignored...

So, my boyfriend will snapchat me and tag me on things in instagram and such but won't text me back for hours sometimes. I can't help but feel like he's ignoring my texts. I've talked with him about this before, but it still frustrates me. I'm to the point now where I just don't care anymore. I know he cares about me, but I feel like with him doing this he's pushing me away. Any advice? Am I just overthinking?

Sorry I keep posting a lot, I'm still new to this whole LDR thing. (only been doing it for 3 months)

Maybe he does have things to do/a busy schedule that makes it difficult for him to text back right away. That happens a lot.

But if that's not the case, it might be time to raise this issue again with him, especially if it makes you feel this bad.

Comment

He usually has the chance to be availble every single hour? Bless him and his easy job where people doesnt have to focus. In both this and my last job, and both of SOs jobs, we have both been busy enough to not be able to text for days (work all day +eat+sleep), perhaps just one "am busy"-text. Even on slow days, there is no guarantee that we can text. He has customers, I have clients plus I dont want to play with my phone all the time in front of my coworker, and I use my phone to call people. And we dont even have those jobs where people have to put their phones in lockers for 8 hours, it is just being busy does that. I sometimes turn my phone off when at work.
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

If you know he cares why you're insecure? As you said he cares!

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
          He usually has the chance to be availble every single hour? Bless him and his easy job where people doesnt have to focus. In both this and my last job, and both of SOs jobs, we have both been busy enough to not be able to text for days (work all day +eat+sleep), perhaps just one "am busy"-text. Even on slow days, there is no guarantee that we can text. He has customers, I have clients plus I dont want to play with my phone all the time in front of my coworker, and I use my phone to call people. And we dont even have those jobs where people have to put their phones in lockers for 8 hours, it is just being busy does that. I sometimes turn my phone off when at work.
          Sorry...just the "easy job at he doesn't have to focus" comment ... My job is extremely difficult as is my SOs. He gets to work from home, and takes breaks once an hour. So we can text through the out that day. We do computer work so don't always have end users in front of us. In fact, we are told to take breaks to allow us to refocus during intense coding sessions.

Comment

Originally posted by sasad View Post
            Sorry...just the "easy job at he doesn't have to focus" comment ... My job is extremely difficult as is my SOs. He gets to work from home, and takes breaks once an hour. So we can text through the out that day. We do computer work so don't always have end users in front of us. In fact, we are told to take breaks to allow us to refocus during intense coding sessions.
            I am just a student but I wouldn't even call talking while coding talking in my case I can't really concentrate on anything else if I am actively into writing a program or smh. I send my SO cute little messages once in a while but even then, my mind just can't.
            I haven't even studied anything special yet. I am just lazy and did some last day assignments the last semester. I spent 10ish hours on writing something that wasn't anything hard but just needed more time than that. I was literally a soulless robot afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by C.C. View Post
              I am just a student but I wouldn't even call talking while coding talking in my case I can't really concentrate on anything else if I am actively into writing a program or smh. I send my SO cute little messages once in a while but even then, my mind just can't.
              I haven't even studied anything special yet. I am just lazy and did some last day assignments the last semester. I spent 10ish hours on writing something that wasn't anything hard but just needed more time than that. I was literally a soulless robot afterwards.
              All good, it gets easier after you have been doing it for 15 plus years.. Become a TON easier now with VB and .Net than Fortran and basic etc..
              Cute sometimes is what we need to break up being stuck in our heads. We do respect when we have meetings etc and NEVER get upset if one doesn't answer.

Comment

Working...
              X